British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Did you *catch* the remarks? ;-)

blacircus

Thank You man.

Did usually goes with what kinda sentence man?

What is the do's and don't's when I'm using did in a sentence?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
When you use did/didn't, the main verb is used in the infinitive form without 'to:
Where did you go last night?
I went to a restaurant.

:)

Last edited:

meldin

Member Type
Other
[
There have been several definitions for globalization which might agree from the theoretical points of view but differ from the practical one and here rises the difficulties from different sides, some of those definitions which I have probably liked are as follows:

• A new phase of the emergence of modernity and development of expanding the social relations at the global level, where there cohesion is not to separate home and abroad. (Anthony Giddens – Consequences of Modernity, Stanford University,1990)

• All the developments and changes that seek deliberately or unconsciously, to the integration of the world's population in a single global community.
(Malcolm Walter- Globalization, London, 1995)

• New path of development commensurate with the strategic development, it serves the best available for the success of the strategy development and highlight the integration with the global economy, to make the world more peaceful and productive. (My vision-book challenges in the race for the excellence of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum vise President of the UAE Ruler of Dubai )

It could be argued that the concept of 'global citizenship' is simply a figure of speech, a linguistic fancy which deliberately transposes a national political reality to a wider world order. (CIER) Centre for International Educational and Research, SCHOOL OF Education, University of Birmingham)

meldin

Member Type
Other
[
There have been several definitions for globalization which might agree from the theoretical points of view but differ from the practical one and here rises the difficulties from different sides, some of those definitions which I have probably liked are as follows:

• A new phase of the emergence of modernity and development of expanding the social relations at the global level, where there cohesion is not to separate home and abroad. (Anthony Giddens – Consequences of Modernity, Stanford University,1990)
  • All the developments and changes that seek deliberately or unconsciously, to the integration of the world's population in a single global community.
(Malcolm Walter- Globalization, London, 1995)

• New path of development commensurate with the strategic development, it serves the best available for the success of the strategy development and highlight the integration with the global economy, to make the world more peaceful and productive. (My vision-book challenges in the race for the excellence of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum vise President of the UAE Ruler of Dubai )
It could be argued that the concept of 'global citizenship' is simply a figure of speech, a linguistic fancy which deliberately transposes a national political reality to a wider world order. (CIER) Centre for International Educational and Research, SCHOOL OF Education, University of Birmingham)

Haimi

Member Type
Student or Learner
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]On Valentine’s Day people in the United States and Canada often give cards to their loved ones; in addition, they may give their sweetheart flowers, candy, or other gifts.

mmelmads

Member Type
Student or Learner
"I would like to ask for your permission if it’s okay if I cannot attend our weekly meeting for today because I will be going home to Bohol."

Please correct this sentense. Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.