Hi
I hope that you will be in good health and great spirit. English is not my native language so I need help. Can you please check my cover letter? I will not mind strict criticism. Thank you in advance.

Umer

Cover letter

Muhammad Umer Zia
address xxx
Mobile: xxx-Email:xxx

April 19, 2010

Dear XXX
Working in a challenging, multicultural, vibrant environment which provides maximum growth to one’s creative and professional skills, is always a dream of every dedicated and enthused individual. This is exactly why I am writing this letter for the job position “xxx“under your command. The job you’re trying to fill seems to have my name on it. Let me share the reasons why I feel this way.

I have recently completed Master’s in Communication Engineering at the Chalmers University of Technology. Before coming to Sweden I have done my Masters in Telecommunication Engineering from University of Management and Technology Lahore in distinction. I worked there on analysis and comparison Cost-231 Walfisch-Ikegami Model with various propagation models as part of my thesis work. This research work has build up my interest in wireless communication and network field. Currently I am working on publication of “Efficient Feedback design for MIMO systems” which is my master thesis at Chalmers university.

After completing two master degrees, I believe that my education, dedication to hard work and problem-solving make me an A-list candidate to join your workforce. My course work from both master degrees covers a wide range of areas in the communication engineering field including LTE technology, WCDMA, GSM, and IP networks. Moreover I love to troubleshoot and debug systems. All these skills effectively match the required qualification of this position. I am also proficient in C/C++, Matlab as I have worked on these tools in my academic projects.

As my resume indicates, I have worked at University of Management and Technology as teaching assistant of various subjects and laboratories and I have also worked as Rf-Engineer in China HT-Comm Design & Consulting Pakistan. Although I am short on experience, I am long on effort and enthusiasm and this job would provide me with the ideal opportunity to get experience, built my career and to deliver my best to you. It is therefore requested that I may kindly be given a chance to prove my worth. Because e-mail can’t replace face-to-face discussion, I look forward to speaking with you personally to discuss your specific needs and my ability to meet them.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Muhammad Umer Zia

Enclosure: Resume