Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Barbados
Task:
Write an email that could be sent to the presenter of the radio programme summarising the findings of your servey. Include information about:
- types of films (with examples)
- best plots (with examples)
- most popular settings (plase and time)
- most popular actors (male and female)
- most popular titles

Dear Katy,

We have conducted a survey on the most popular films of the 21st century so far. We found out that the most popular types of films were romance and comedy, for example 'Along came Polly'. People like to laugh after a hard day rather than watch something serious. Moreover, the most successful comedies of the 21st century had a love theme, for example 'He's not just that into you'. It also turned out that the most popular films were set in big cities such as New York and LA. And it looks like today people are fond of watching films about the present. for example 'Horrible Bosses'. The most popular female star was Jennifer Aniston while the most popular actor was George Clooney. Almost everybody named these talaned actors in their most favourite lists. Finally, we analysed the titles of the most successful films and found out that they often consisted of modern phrases or included 'slang', for example 'The Hangover'.

I hope you will find this information interesting. I would be pleased if you could incude it into your radio programme.

Yours fathfully,
Katherine Grebner

Jack_Rose

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Finland
Dear Katy,

We have conducted a survey on the most popular films of the 21st century so far. We found out that the most popular types of films were romance and comedy, for example 'Along came Polly'. People like to laugh after a hard day rather than watch (watching) something serious. Moreover, the most successful comedies of the 21st century had (have) a love theme, for example 'He's not just that into you'. It also turned out that the most popular films were set in big cities such as New York and LA. And (, today) it looks like today people are fond of watching films about the present. (,) for example 'Horrible Bosses'. The most popular female star was Jennifer Aniston while the most popular actor was George Clooney. Almost everybody named these talaned (talented) actors in their most favourite lists. Finally, we analysed the titles of the most successful films and found out that they often consisted (consist) of modern phrases or included (included) 'slang', for example 'The Hangover'.

I hope you will find this information interesting. I would be pleased if you could incude (include) it into your radio programme.

Yours fathfully (faithfully),
Katherine Grebner

Hey,

Please consider if my suggestions are okay. I love your report, although I am not good about films.

Sincerely,

I am not an English teacher

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Task:
Write an email that could be sent to the presenter of the radio programme summarising the findings of your servey. Include information about:
- types of films (with examples)
- best plots (with examples)
- most popular settings (plase and time)
- most popular actors (male and female)
- most popular titles

Dear Katy,

We have conducted a survey [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE] of the most popular films of the 21st century [STRIKE]so far[/STRIKE]. We found out that the most popular types of films were romance and comedy, for example 'Along came Polly'. People like to laugh after a hard day rather than watch something serious. Moreover, the most successful comedies of the 21st century had a love theme, for example 'He's Not Just (I think it should be 'Just Not') That Into You'. It also turned out that the most popular films were set in big cities such as New York and LA. And it looks like today (today like) people are fond of watching films about the present, for example 'Horrible Bosses'. The most popular female star was Jennifer Aniston while the most popular actor was George Clooney. Almost everybody named these [STRIKE]talaned[/STRIKE]talented actors in their most favourite lists. Finally, we analysed the titles of the most successful films and found out that they often consisted of modern phrases or included 'slang', for example 'The Hangover'.

I hope you will find this information interesting. I would be pleased if you could include it into your radio programme.

Yours fathfully,
Katherine Grebner

Nice review. See suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.