Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Good afternoon
My name is IBTISSEM iam from ALGERIA iam a student at university .I study ENGLISH as a foreign language iam in my forth year(the last year) that is why i must prepare a memoire if we my say so and for this reason iam looking for a topic to talk about and i have no idea.Actually i want it to be about something in sociolinguistics.

PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IAM WAITING:cry::-(

AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:up:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How can we possibly know what you're interested in- sociolinguistics is a huge field. Surely, after four years, you should be able to narrow things down a bit.

ibtissem46000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hi
Thank you sir for your interestingness and reply.Actually i had an idea about : TEACHING ENGLISH (as a foreign lge) USING FRENCH.Please tell me what do you think and if you have another idea you are welcome.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi
Thank you. sir for your interest[STRIKE]ingness[/STRIKE] and reply.Actually [STRIKE]i [/STRIKE] I had an idea about : TEACHING ENGLISH (as a foreign language) USING FRENCH.Please tell me what [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] you think. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE][STRIKE] i[/STRIKE] If you have another idea, [STRIKE]you are welcome[/STRIKE] I'd like to hear it..
I am not sure that a consideration of teaching English using French really falls into the category of sociolonguistics.

ibtissem46000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
thank you for the correction so what can you suggest please

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It might have a sociolinguistic perspective if you looked at the role of French in your society because of the history of your country, but that would involve going into that and not simply looking at French as a tool IMO.

ibtissem46000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
you mean that in order to take this idea i should involve,in my research,French and its impact on the Algerian society,as it was colonized by FRANCE.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you just look at using French in teaching English, I can't see where the socio- part of sociolinguistics is, but if you look at it in your society, then it has societal issues that make it relevant IMO.

ibtissem46000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
ok thank you sir so much for your time and information

Status
Not open for further replies.