Please need a letter, not able to join this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarafee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
UK
I have been accepted by xxx university for year one civil engineering course , Dr H has helped me throughout to get this admission.the term has already started and i realised that i won't be able to join this year, due to a delay in getting a sponsorship clearance.but i wish to join the coming year.
how can i write a proper letter , appologizing for not starting (due to sponsorship )... and thanking him for help .also leavinga window open to join the coming year ? please help me.

here is what i managed to come up with:

[FONT=&quot]I would like to thank you very much for giving the opportunity to start the course at XXXX(university ). I greatly appreciate your help[/FONT].

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have been accepted by xxx university for year one civil engineering course , Dr H has helped me throughout to get this admission.the term has already started and i realised that i won't be able to join this year, due to a delay in getting a sponsorship clearance.but i wish to join the coming year.
how can i write a proper letter , appologizing for not starting (due to sponsorship )... and thanking him for help .also leavinga window open to join the coming year ? please help me.

here is what i managed to come up with:

[FONT=&quot]I would like to thank you very much for giving the opportunity to start the course at XXXX(university ). I greatly appreciate your help[/FONT].

and................

zarafee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
UK
I am not sure how to start that's why i stopped .
i would like to apologize to dr H for any unconvenience i caused ! stating exactly the reason for not starting this year due to the delay in sponsorship reply while the course has already started, hoping to make a come back next year .

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am not sure how to start that's why i stopped .
i would like to apologize to dr H for any unconvenience i caused ! stating exactly the reason for not starting this year due to the delay in sponsorship reply while the course has already started, hoping to make a come back next year .

I think you must understand that in this forum and in your case we do not prepare letters, homework etc. Rather, and again in your case, you should prepare the complete letter the best that you can. Responders understand that persons like you are looking for help. Don't worry about mistakes. You have made a good start with the information already posted. Put it all together in the form of a letter and I'm sure you will receive one or more responses.

zarafee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your encouragement, i do agree with you. i think i should put in writing whatever i could manage. toruble is , i am stumbled on the format as well as using the right expressions. the task is to compromise between appology and request!

zarafee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
UK
I would like to thank you very much for giving the opportunity to start the course at Strathclyde. I greatly appreciate your help.
As you may know, I have been expecting a certain delay in attending the course on time due to finalising necessary sponsorship award documents as well as the visa entry to the UK. while this absence can be justifiable, it is nonetheless becoming great concern for me and whether I shall be allowed to start at such late time. As I am unable to obtain the required award document to enrol , It is with regret that I have to drop the course this year, hoping you would give me the opportunity to make a fresh start next year.
I would like to thank you again for taking the time to consider my application and I do apologize for any inconvenience I caused .
Sincerely.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear___________,

I would like to thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to [STRIKE]start[/STRIKE] begin (OR enroll in) the course at Strathclyde. I greatly appreciate your help (OR consideration).

As you may know, I have been [STRIKE]expecting[/STRIKE]experiencing a certain delay in attending the course on time due to finalising necessary sponsorship award documents, as well as obtaining the visa required for entry to the UK. While this [STRIKE]absence[/STRIKE] delay [STRIKE]can be justifiable[/STRIKE] is understood, it is nonetheless, becoming a great concern for me [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] with regard to whether I shall be allowed to start at such a late time. [STRIKE]As[/STRIKE] Because I am unable to obtain the required award document to enrol , it is with regret that I have to drop the course this year, [STRIKE]hoping [/STRIKE] with the hope that you would give me the opportunity to make a fresh start next year.
I would like to thank you again for taking the time to consider my application and I do apologize for any inconvenience I caused .

Sincerely.

Excellent start. I knew you could do it because of the thoughts in your previous posts. See my suggestions and good luck. :up:

zarafee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much , great appreciation .

Status
Not open for further replies.