Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Actually i m working as a volunteer in one organization and now a days i m working on the interim report of the project. Kindly correct the mistakes. I will be very thankful to you.

ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN:

The following activities were undertaken during the reporting period from September, 2011 to October, 2011.

1. Introductory Meetings with the Women Brick Makers:

Two (2) introductory meetings were organized in both districts with the women brick makers in the beginning of the project. The purpose of these meetings was to give them the orientation of the project and discuss with them in details about the project activities and plan of action. These meetings were held at the places selected for the awareness seminars.

2. Conduction of Awareness Seminars with the Women Brick Makers:

During the reporting period, a total 02 awareness seminars of two days period were conducted with the women brick makers in both districts. About 300 women workers participated in these awareness seminars. It was planned that the awareness seminar will be of two days and the timing on the first day of seminar will be 2:30 and the same timing will be followed on the second day of seminar. In the first day of awareness seminars, the women workers were educated on:

i. Basic human rights
ii. Basic human rights of the women
iii. Basic labour laws
iv. Compensation act
v. Leave law

On the second day of awareness seminars, the women brick makers were educated on:

i. Labour rights
ii. Govt. compensation policy
iii. Provident fund, and other allowances
iv. Conflict Mangament

These topics were discussed with the women brick makers in very simple and local language (PUNJABI) for their better understanding and complete participation in the discussion. In the awareness seminars, the women brick makers were educated in details about the ______________etc?

The women brick makers participated in these awareness seminars very actively and also shared their problems which they are facing at brick kiln industries by the owners. They shared the major problems:

• Low wages
• No weekly holiday granted
• Dismissal from the job without prior notice
• No written agreement of appointment
• No fixed working hours
• Lack of health facilities by the owners
• No concept of pension at retirement
• Overload of work and no compensation of over time etc.
• Lack of marriage and death grant

MONTHLY MEETINGS:

During the reporting period, a total 10 monthly meetings were made with the women brick makers in both districts. The project coordinator and field staff of Organization made these monthly meetings and also monitor the project on regular basis. In the monthly meetings the women brick makers were educated about the procedure of the formation of labour union in details and its benefit for the labour workers were described in details.

THEATRE TRAINING AND THEATRE PERFORMANCES:

A two day Theatre training workshop was organized by the Organization theatre group. This two day training focused on the issues of women brick makers, theatre techniques, effective theatre, focus area, role of the viewers, types of problems faced by women brick makers at brick kiln industries, laws and legislation regarding the rights of labour workers.

After the training workshop the theaters started the performances in the awareness seminars. Till now total ten performances have been performed. The theater is a very effective tool for raising awareness and making people understand the issues of women brick makers. The kind of theatre Organization Theatre group is performing is called Interactive Theatre in which the viewers also perform to correct the error purposely presented in the theatre. In this way the viewers also become the part of the theatre and the issue.

MONITORING:

The project is being monitored on regular basis. The women brick makers views in the regular meetings is also giving the feedback of the activities implemented.

OUTCOMES:

At present the outcomes of the project cannot be measured but some indicators can be calculated which came after the implementation of the project:

 The women brick makers got education about their working rights.
 The awareness level increased among the women brick makers about women rights and working rights at brick kiln industries.
 The interactive theatre team played very impressive role and highlighted the issues and rights of workers among them. These women brick makers are now well aware about their rights and the importance of labour union and its function.

DIFFICULTIES FACED:

During the first six month period, some difficulties were faced by Organization. Especially the terrorism and suicide bombing affected the whole country. The high rate of unemployment, instable political and bad economic condition is creating disappointing among the people. In spite of all these problems, it is encouraging that the project completed its first six months activities timely and according to the project plan with the cooperation of the whole staff and the Local Development Committees along with the whole communities of the target areas.

nakash

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Teachers please help me to make my report.

waflob

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Germany
I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear, but a report of that length cannot be meaningfully corrected in a minute or two - might explain why there have been no replies.

ps: bumping it after half an hour is not a good idea either ...

Status
Not open for further replies.