Post Thanks / Like

Default Please,rate my English level,which can I get from 1 to 10?

Theoretically,I have studied English for about 5 years,I started studying the language the first term when I went to Junior middle school,so soon have the three years of Junior middle school passed by,any I began to realize afterwards that I had lost so much,I had wasted the three years without having done so many things I should have,I then played around all day every day,which led to a neglect of my English learning,(playing seemed to be the sole motif for my life then)however,I liked English even though I didn't learn it well at the time.
    In the begining of 2004,the second year of High school,which I thought was the time when I took English learning SERIOUSLY,from then on,I took English learning as one of my daily activities,I tried learning all the things relating to English from newspapers,megazines,and on TV,radio...(By the way,I'd like to recommend a radio program which can be heard on the Internet as well,"GuangDong Tonight",an English show hosted by two domestic DJs and two foreign DJs,it may be quite a common program for the native English speakers,but it can make great sense for those who are learning English,,if you are interested in it,just go and take a listen!e.radio-gd.com)You can go to the site for recorded program.
    I was considering that the program might work for me with my Listening comprehension when I first listened to it even though I could hardly understand a single sentence spoken by the DJs at the time,and it turned out to have done so afterwards,I could feel the improvement on Listening comprehension.
    Well,for the part of my Spoken English,I was just as poor as a baby that couldn't even produce a complete sentence out of its mouth,for I couldn't find only one man that I could talk to in English,so what I could do is to read aloud to form a sense of speaking.
    And my writing,as you can see...may be as poor as my Spoken English...maybe...judged by you.
    Well,It's been about 2 years that I have studied the language SERIOUSLY,I want to know how much I have improved,so,please,rate me with the numbers from 1 to 10,Thank you.
    And never be afraid of letting me down if you think that I should get a low rate,if so,I will just take it as my energy to further enhance myself.and if I have had some grammatical mistakes,please help point out,especially of Tenses Using,because Tenses Using is the problem confusing me the most for the moment,Thank you again for your attention to my aticle.
    Last edited by oopskevin; 13-Oct-2005 at 09:52.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please,rate my English level,which can I get from 1 to 10?

You certainly haven't been wasting your time recently. You've mastered the basic tenses and can communicate well. What would impriove your writing would be tidying up, especially punctuation and organisation. In the first sentence, for example, I would use a semi-colon after '5 years', and you do tend to overuse the comma, so the sentence don't connect as well as they could. In the second sentence, you use 'so soon' and I would use 'that' to connect to the next part. Your basic phrases are fine- I think you need to work on connecting them better into larger groups in the text.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ,which caPlease,rate my English leven I get from 1 to 10?

Thank you so much, for your advice.
    It's nice to hear that I havn't wasting my time recently, with your comments, I sense I have made progress, may be I just improved a little, but it actuated me so much.
    For the part of punctuation, actually, I have been told for many times that I have to form a habit of leaving a space behind every comma, unfortunately, I always forgot, but now, I have taken it, and I will hold it for ever.

Well, I wish to have more comments from all of you right in the forum.
    I would improve a great deal with your experience on Learning English.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok- can you tell me why 'I would improve' should be changed?

Post Thanks / Like

"Ok- can you tell me why 'I would improve' should be changed?"

???

What did you mean?what's the problem in "I would improve"?
    what should I change?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I will improve- now, you tell me why.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you really puzzle me, I don't know what you are going to say and what you want to know, please, put it more clearly.