write in the gaps the auxiliary & main verb in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Master

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Write the verbs in their infinitive form. [without the to]

I could hardly refuse as I hadn’t planned anything special and besides, she has helped me so much with my own work recently and I enjoy working at home with her. In fact, when I arrived home after an afternoon spent in the library, I discovered that she had spent hours organising information on different religious beliefs for me. I don’t want her to think that I don’t love her anymore or that I’m becoming selfish. 11. aux 11. main 12. aux ................. 12. main ................ 13. aux .............. 13. main ............... 14. aux .............. 14. main ................ 15. aux ,............ 15. main ........... 16. aux ................ 16. main .................

Also How did you come up with the answers you did so that I may learn from this..

This is a paragraph from one of the esol books..

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Write the verbs in their infinitive form. [without the to]

I could hardly refuse as I hadn’t planned anything special and besides, she has helped me so much with my own work recently and I enjoy working at home with her. In fact, when I arrived home after an afternoon spent in the library, I discovered that she had spent hours organising information on different religious beliefs for me. I don’t want her to think that I don’t love her anymore or that I’m becoming selfish. 11. aux 11. main 12. aux ................. 12. main ................ 13. aux .............. 13. main ............... 14. aux .............. 14. main ................ 15. aux ,............ 15. main ........... 16. aux ................ 16. main .................

Also How did you come up with the answers you did so that I may learn from this..

This is a paragraph from one of the esol books..
What is your question?

John Master

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The question is 'Write the Auxiliary Verb and Main Verbs in the order in which they appear in the paragraph"..

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
The question is 'Write the Auxiliary Verb and Main Verbs in the order in which they appear in the paragraph"..
That isn't a question, it's an instruction. What is it that you expect us to do?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1. You need to number the verbs in the passage.
2. Modal verbs have no infinitive form.
4. What do you mean by "...how did you come up with the answers?" I don't think we need to explain how we decided that the infinitive, or base, form of 'helped' is 'help'.

We usually prefer people to try themselves first. If you try, we'll comment on your answers.

John Master

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I have tried some.

11 aux - can 11 main - refuse 12 aux -have 12-main - plan 13 aux -have 13 main -help

14. aux - enjoy 14.main - work

Status
Not open for further replies.