Post Thanks / Like

Smile How can i get motivated?

Dear all

i'm interested in knowing what keeps you motivated to teach english .

can you pleaze comment on 'how you get motivated?'

attatch any strategies can others follow or a questionnaire to discover if you are motivated or not

Thanks alot

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How can i get motivated?

Love of language and the pleasure of seeing others learn it?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tdol

I love the language and one of my important goal is seeing others learn it but what if the majorty of teachers unmotivated to teach.hw can we help them to wake up their intrinsic motivation instead of waiting for the extrinsic motivation ??

silversea is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missEnglish
    Thanks tdol

I love the language and one of my important goal is seeing others learn it but what if the majorty of teachers unmotivated to teach.hw can we help them to wake up their intrinsic motivation instead of waiting for the extrinsic motivation ??
    For me, I think "the more you do, the more you can do". As I love the job of teaching English, I never cease to try new ways of making my students learn in an effective way. After each activity, I do the reflection and refraction with the hope of learning something new out of it. I am really motivated when seeing how creative I can be in teaching English. However, it is true that there are times I just want to chuck the whole thing. Overall, I do not want to ruin my motivation to learn and teach English as I love it very much

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I like to create new lesson plans and then see how they work with different students. In fact the class is my laboratory where I try things out. This fascinates me and stimulates me to find other material and do different things. Another thing that keeps me motivated is the relationship I establish with my students and if you do get ones that really want to know and are interested in what you are doing then this keeps you going. It's certainly not the money!!!!
    Tina

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missEnglish
    How can we help them to wake up their intrinsic motivation instead of waiting for the extrinsic motivation??
    The want and need to learn is intrinsic. Find what's lost (that thing that motivated you to teach in the first place) and bring it back to life. Make learning yours, again. Put your mark back on it.