Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello,i'm from iran,i have been graduated in 1385.(5years ago).but i didnt attempt to teach on the institutes because im not ao interested in teaching,besides that almost all the institutions hire the newcoming teachers for teaching children in low levels and i dont like teach children,now after passing some years in unemployment i really want to teach but not teach children,i want to be a skillfull teacher in intermediate levels.please guide me;how can i become so qualified to teach higher levels rather than children.?how many and which books should i have read?!what should i do?please help me.i have B.A in english translation but because i dont have any experience in teaching and because i was far from education these years i dont know from where should i start?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello,(space)[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I'm from [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]Iran.(space)[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I [STRIKE]have been[/STRIKE] graduated in 1385[STRIKE].(5years ago)[/STRIKE].(space)but [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I didn't attempt to teach [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE]at the institutes because [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I'm not [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]so interested in teaching.,
Quite frankly, selenagomez, the number of corrections I have made in the first couple of lines of your post suggest that you really need to brush up on your English before you think about teaching it.

selenagomez

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you very much.Yeah I know that.Unfotrunately I'm very bad in english,Do you think using this site without any other books or program can qualify me?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Well, I am from Egypt. I was really bad at first, then decided to go practise my English with some native speakers on a gaming forums. :D

By time I really got better. Just Try to use an online dictionary whenever you meet a new word, It will really save a lot of your time. Also, try to employ every new word you meet in a sentence, so you'll never forget it. That's how I improved my English.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Thank you very much.Yeah I know that.Unfotrunately I'm very bad in english,Do you think using this site without any other books or program can qualify me?
No.

If you are really serious about wanting to teach, then you need to demonstrate that you are capable of passing some recognised examination - at least at Cambridge FCE level. That will almost certainly mean your attending a course.

Last edited:

selenagomez

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you both of you .Would I ask one more question please?!

for learning new words which is the better way?; Studying vocabulary books such as 1100 vocabulary.,504 words..,etc,.,or Reading newspapers and blogs and online texts and so on ,and then looking up the new word's meaning on dictinary then write them on notebook and memorize them? I know there are too many ways for learning vocabularies,but I really am confused about that..When I read texts and look for new words meaning it takes too much time of me.Anyway ...I wanna know how do you people learn vocabularies?...I have to mention that I dont have much time.As soon as possible I should learn many words so that i could be a good translator and can talk and listen very good,I am looking for a job as a translator,please help me

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You cannot teach what you do not know. You are far from being in a position to teach IMO. You need to study a lot of the basics first. There's more to translation than knowing a lot of words.

selenagomez

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I know all of these.but I have to get a job as soon as possible.and my field of study is english.Now what do i suppose to do?:cry:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Try to accept the fact that your English is not good enough to do what you would like to do,

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
But with study, there is no reason you can't attain the leve of English proficiency you want. So don't be discouraged -- you need to have a realistic understanding of your abilities now so you can map a path to where you want to be. And courses will be part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.