Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
i am a new comer in this forum. i already posted two essays and well,i have no replies at all. i feel dissapointed !

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
kristina_002;816917[COLOR=Red said:
]I[/COLOR] am a newcomer [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to this forum. I already posted two essays and [STRIKE]well,[/STRIKE] I have no replies at all. I feel disappointed!

Hi Kristina

Did you post your essays in this part of the forum? There is a section called "Editing and Writing Topics" where you can post whole essays.

How long were they? All the members here are volunteers and we only have a limited amount of time to help people. If you post a very long essay then many of us will look at it and decide that we can't devote an appropriate amount of time to it. We look at shorter questions to which we can provide short, snappy answers (hopefully!)

Please don't be disappointed. It might just be that the volunteers here have not had time to look properly at either of your posts.

Edit: I've just looked at your other posts. In the first, you basically asked us to do your work for you and Bhaisahab rightly told you we don't do that. Your other two posts aren't very long but they are very hard to read. In both of them, you have not used correct capitalisation (first letter of every sentence, every time you say "I") or spacing and punctuation. Perhaps you could go back to both your posts and edit them using those suggestions and then perhaps we will find them easier to read and advise.

kristina_002

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
oops !!! Sorry for i didn't capitalized the words wherever necessary.Well, i was in a bit hurry so didn't get to notice that. Um, i'll make sure I separate paragraph and also capitalize my initial word. And about that posting essays in different section as you mentioned,i didn't get what you said. I guess i am still not used to with this forum. Also, about my 1st post, thank u for suggesting.
ok, I'll edit my essay (the 2nd one) !!
And I am certainly not disappointed now!!!
:)

kristina_002

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
Oops, sorry for those minor mistakes. I was in a bit haste so had to type fast. So Sorry !
n thank you for correcting my mistakes(in title). n i was new
OK, I'll edit my previous essay and send u this instant.(the 2nd one only). i had copied and pasted the first essay Just to see what the person might score for such writing so you don have to correct it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Oops, sorry for those minor mistakes. I was in a bit of a hurry so had to type fast. So sorry !
[STRIKE]n[/STRIKE] And thank you for correcting my mistakes(in title). [STRIKE]n[/STRIKE] I was new.
OK, I'll edit my previous essay and send it this instant (the 2nd one only). I had copied and pasted the first essay just to see what the person might score for such writing so you don't have to correct it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to "score" your essay anyway. That's for your teachers/tutors to do. We can read it and make suggestions and corrections but it must be your own work that you hand in. If you submit an essay with all our corrections, then your teachers will not get a good idea of your level.

Posting messages on here in a hurry is never a good idea. It leads to mistakes and means that we have a lot of corrections to do. Please see my amendments again above.

It is very important to capitalise the word "I" at all times, regardless of where it appears in a sentence. We also encourage everyone to use full words here (not textspeak) so please type "you" not "u", "and" not "n" etc.

kristina_002

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
OK, I hope i wont repeat those mistakes again. I don't do the same while writing(not capitalizing or using short forms). So, I won't be having problems I guess. I was wondering if you could check my essay n score it from your side. I am preparing for IELTS and i am really scared since my grammar is a bit OK. Its the writing style I worry the most because i know i am not good at it.So, I need a lot of guiding on that. My exam's nearing up!
:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.