• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post intimidating experience

Iíll never forget the most intimidating experience of my life. Hereís what happened. I was going to friendís house a couple of months ago. By mistake I took a wrong exit in the highway. After driving a few more kilometres in a local area I realized that I was driving towards another city. The worst part was that I could not turn my car around because that was a one way road. I felt very intimidated.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank for my heart.

I hope you can understand why this experience was so intimidating to me.

bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: intimidating experience

Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Iíll never forget the most intimidating experience of my life. Hereís what happened. I was going to friendís house a couple of months ago. By mistake I took a wrong exit in the highway. After driving a few more kilometres in a local area I realized that I was driving towards another city. The worst part was that I could not turn my car around because that was a one way road. I felt very intimidated.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank for my heart.

I wouldn't use "intimidate".

jkl is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: intimidating experience

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    I wouldn't use "intimidate".

Which word can replace intimidate? Was there anyother grammatical mistakes. Please correct. Thanks for your help and comment.

bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: intimidating experience

I think "frustrate" would work.
    I’ll never forget the most intimidating experience of my life. Here’s what happened. I was going to friend’s house a couple of months ago. By mistake I took a wrong exit in the highway. After driving a few more kilometres in a local area I realized that I was driving towards another city. The worst part was that I could not turn my car around because that was a one way road. I felt very intimidated.

I did not have a GPS with me and also my cell phone died. Finally, I pulled my car on the road side to ask for help from people who drove by me. A woman saw me sticking out my head through the car window, so she yelled at me because it was too dangerous and unsafe. She was nice enough to stop and gave me the direction to go to the place where I initially wanted to go. She even asked me to follow her until I came to the right place. In the end I gave her a big thank you from my heart.