Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Now im taking notes for an essay im going to do. The essay is about how Lady Macbeth is presented throughout the play of Macbeth.I'm meant to do 5 PEE (PQA) paragraphs , PEE stands for point , evidence and explain by the way.

I just need some help. I'm thinking of showing how LM is to an extnet similar to the witches , but what quotes could i use to depict this?
Also what other quotes and stuff could i use to show how macbeth is presented throughout the play?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What quotes do you think would work?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
As TDOL is suggesting, I'd flip through the play one more time and pick out five to ten quotes that strike you as relevant to the comparison. Obviously focussing on the Lady and the Witches, or on others' observations about them. Then I'd type or cut and paste them into a word processor, and let the essay build itself up by describing in your own words -- including what you think obvious -- how the quotes show what you have observed -- in this case a similarity. For bonus points, you can also show a few dissimilarities. Then, an intro and conclusion should suggest themselves. Remember -- don't be afraid to say what you think is obvious, as long as you are examining the text of the play itself, and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.