Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi teachers,

I will have the iBT TOEFL test in a month and still I am not satisfied with my writing skills. What are the best ways of improving my writing skills for TOEFL writing section in this short notice.

Thank you.

masoudnbox

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Hi Bahar,

There are several ways for you to improve your writing skills. One of the best ways is reading; by reading good materials especially related to academic majors you can understand the sequence of the sentences and paragraphs.

Also there are lots of skills mentioned in different books and websites about writing for TOEFL reading and practicing them will help you either.

And don't forget to build a very good vocabulary knowledge so that you can use it in the test day. Having a good vocabulary choice will help you a great deal too.

Good luck!

bahars

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you for your fast response.
I have read the strategies for TOEFL writing from Barron's book and practiced them a lot but I have no idea how good I am writing. I found a bunch of websites like this forum or testden.com or test-TOEFL.com and read the writing topics and samples that they present but still i feel weak in this area.

Is there any other good source you suggest for writing?

Thank you.

masoudnbox

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
I know that Barron's has another book which is only for TOEFL essay section. I recommend you to go through that as well. Also don't forget to read as many good written sources as you can.

I wish best of luck for you.

easybreakable

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya

masoudnbox

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
There are lots of good online sources available for TOEFL especially for writing section. I encourage test takers to read writing samples as much as they can. You can find some good writing samples and topics here. www.test-toefl.com/index.php/toefl-writing/toefl-writing-topics

Do your best and believe in yourself guys.

Last edited:

DanChou

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Considering you do not have too much time ahead,I think reading high score sample essays will help.

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please rate my essay and give me suggestions for correcting me......

Do you agree or disagree? "For children, it is better to grow up in the country than in the city."

Despite their being a lot of advantages in children growing up in country i would prefer children should be grown in city.Generally,city is a place where their will be all type of facilities.Below are few points i have made to support my opinion.

Firstly,Education is very important for the children.If children are grown in a city they will have the chance to attend a good school.Normally schools in the city will have all facilities like that of internet services,highly skilled faculty,hospitals etc.So,It is better is go along with most facilitated one.

Second in the next,Children learn by seeing around.They follow their parents and people around build.By this culture of living children will learn their behavior .Normally in the city people will be more cultured so, children will be habituated to cultured behavior.
Which is very important as they grow up.

Finally,Children should be grown in city side,to get good education and to learn the cultured behavior as they should be in society as they grow up.I think this a good idea which is to be followed by every parent.

Hope u will reply soon ......

Status
Not open for further replies.