Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Write a letter to your professor outlining why you are not satisfied with their course.
In your letter:
- write the reasons why you are not satisfied with the course
- Request to change your course
- indicate what course you want to take instead
You should write at least 150 words.

Dear Dr. Dave,

I am one of your 1st year students in dental faculty at Abu Dhabi Campus. I am writing to inform you that I would like to withdraw the chemistry 1 course. As you know I was applying to the pharmacy collage and I had taken this course before I decided to change into dentistry.

In fact the administration office has added the chemistry 1 course in my transcription and admitted as P (pass) mark. Definitely it would be worthless and waste of time to repeat the chemistry 1 course since I passed it with B mark. I am satisfied in replacing it with Oral surgery 1 which is more important to accomplish in this semester in order to steps forward to the 2nd year dentistry.

I appreciate your understanding and following up my progress. I am looking forward to hearing from you and surly will be ready at any time for further discussion related to my course change.

Yours sincerely,
S. rar

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
This, like other recent posts of yours, seems to be a homework assignment. We are happy to help people with problems in English, but it is forum policy not to help with homework. Teachers want to know what their students can do, not what we can.

Dr.Sarrar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Sorry, But what you mean with other recent posts !! If u don't like to help in correcting my letters or essay i fully understanded BUT don't tell me that I am waiting your help to accomplish my HOMEWORK since I am NOT a student. I am a Dentist who is going to apply for immagration visa and need to have a high score in my IELTS !! that all about it...

Thanks anyway for your coments!!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Sorry, But what do you mean [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] about other recent posts ![STRIKE]![/STRIKE] If you don't like to help in correcting my letters or essay, [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] fully understand[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE], BUT don't tell me that I am waitingfor your help to accomplish my HOMEWORK, since I am NOT a student. I am a Dentist who is going to apply for an imm[STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]igration visa and need to have a high score in my IELTS !! [STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]That isall [STRIKE]about it.[/STRIKE]..
Please do not take this attitude. I accepted your description of yourself as a 'Student or Learner' . Indeed, it seems you are a student - of English.

If you are studying by yourself, then say so clearly. Most people who study for Cambridge examinations do so with a teacher, and we do not help with homework assignments set by teachers.

Dr.Sarrar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I am grateful for your understanding. I was really depressed with your replay at the beginning because it is not easy to improve English language by self-study and I can't do so with a teacher due to my limited time. I have only 3 weeks left to my IELTS exam and still need further progress to reach a higher level.

I believe that your correction is helping me a lot and I wonder if I could submit a new essays or letters to check my writing.

Sorry if I was stressed in my replay and for taking a negative attitude.

Regard,

Dr. Sarrar

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The main thing wrong with your letter is that you have not done what you were asked to do - Write a letter to your professor outlining why you are not satisfied with their course.
In your letter: - write the reasons why you are not satisfied with the course
In your letter, you have explained why you do not wish to take a course, not why you are not satisfied with it. The examiners will be expecting you to say that the course was not what it claimed to be, that the level was to high/low, that too much/little material was covered, or some other reason for your dissatisfaction.

It is essential in IELTS that you do the prescribed task. If you do not, you will not gain a good mark, even if your English has no mistakes at all.

Dr.Sarrar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I fully understand what you explaned and thank you for notifying me for this big mistake i didn't read the requist carefully. I will try to take care next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.