Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
I have to tell you guys in advance that my writing is very poor but I have to hand in my home work tomorrow.Would you please spend time with this long essay about Chinese in Thailand. I know that iI must have some points that you don't get it,so you just leave it :) Thank you so much in advance

China is the world's second-largest country by land area located in East Asia. Chinese word can either refer to Language or People of which both of them gradually become globalize in every single races of the world. According to Chinese Language and People have been infiltrating worldwide since North American, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia and of course Asia. Chinese culture therefore takes part in their life since birth until die.
For clearly explain about Chinese cultural tradition. I would be better explain in another aspect which is not as Chinese in Mainland but as Chinese in Thailand because I am able to describe from what I have experienced and comparing how much changes have been between Chinese in Mainland and in Thailand. That would be much more interesting.
I’m ordinary Chinese in Thai whose ancestors were born in China at Shantou Province. About 250 years ago, Because of the insufficiency in China in that time, First group of Chinese merchants shipped to Thailand. They propagated the procedure to make China ware which we finally found that there is a little different from Thai pottery in the way they vanish whereas Thai’s Pottery was not done. This technique resulted in vast outcome of Thailand from international export of Thai pottery. Since then, Chinese merchants gradually immigrated to Thailand. After immigrated into Thailand, Some Chinese married with Thai but some married among Chinese and left many generations up until now. Therefore, Chinese culture becomes main belief for Thai- Chinese in each part of our life since Birth, 15-year-old celebration, marriage, religious ceremony etc,
According to the proportion of Chinese population in Thailand, which is about 14 percentages second largest adjacent to Tai, leading Chinese original cultures and traditions still exist in Thailand. In addition, Some Tai families adapt Chinese method into their life and Chinese families adapt Thai’s.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, Lapha. :hi:

I hope that we can help you with future questions about English, but please note that we do not help with homework assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well I agree with the moderator of course, but I attempted to quickly tidy up your thoughts. So here is a tidy up. It still needs some work though. Perhaps this edit will give you the basis for that! Best of luck! :)

China is the second-largest country by land area in East Asia.

Chinese words can either refer to the language or the people both of which gradually became incorporated in every single race of the world.

According to the Chinese the language and people of China have been spreading across the world into North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia and, of course, Asia.

Chinese culture therefore becomes part of their life from birth until death.

I should clearly explain more about Chinese cultural traditions.

I have a viewpoint that is different to the mainland Chinese because I am Chinese yet live in Thailand.

I think my viewpoint will be of interest.
My ancestors were born in China at Shantou Province.

About 250 years ago, because of the hardship in China in that time, the first group of Chinese merchants shipped to Thailand.

They brought with them a method to make China pottery which is a little different from Thai pottery in the way they glazed their ware whereas Thailand’s pottery is unglazed.

This technique resulted in an increased export of Thai pottery.

Since then, Chinese merchants have gradually emigrated to Thailand.

Some merchants married Thai women but some also married Chinese and left many generations until the present day.

Chinese culture has become the main belief of the Thai-Chinese population for all stages of life, from birth, 15-year-old celebrations, marriage, and religious ceremonies, etc.

According to the proportion of Chinese in Thailand, which is about 14 per cent – second only to Thai – Chinese original cultures and traditions retain a strong hold in Thailand.

Some Thai families have adapted Chinese ways into their life and some Chinese families have adapted Thai’s.

Lapha

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Thank you very much for both of your kind suggestion :)
This is my first time here and I feel very warm with people here

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To add to 5jj's comments, if your teacher gives you feedback that you don't understand, you can absolutely ask questions about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.