Academic
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
hi there,

Could you please provide the transcription for 'Abnihishkramanaya'?

Or please show a site that helps to solve similar problems.

Thank you in advance.

waflob

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Germany
seriously?

(on the off-chance that you're not trolling, I would suggest that google is your friend)

azkad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Thank you waflob for helpful advice. I tried google but it didn't help. So if you have some other 'friends' I would gladly visit it :).

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
As Abinishkramanaya is the Sinhala word for 'renunciation', an English Language forum is hardly the best place to expect find answers to questions about it.

azkad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
As Abinishkramanaya is the Sinhala word for 'renunciation', an English Language forum is hardly the best place to expect find answers to questions about it.

5jj, I just want to pronounce this word correctly, and I don't know how. That is all. I think this is an English Language forum that can solve virtually all questions regarding the English Language. So I hope someone will help me.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I think this is an English Language forum that can solve virtually all questions regarding the English Language.
Precisely - English not Sinhala. I think you may have to wait till someone starts a usingsinhala.com site.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
5jj, I just want to pronounce this word correctly, and I don't know how. That is all. I think this is an English Language forum that can solve virtually all questions regarding the English Language. So I hope someone will help me.

You don't need an English forum to find out how to pronounce a Sinhala word correctly. When an English speaker uses that word, they should pronounce it as it is pronounced in Sinhala. There is no "English pronunciation" of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.