Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Egypt
I moved this to Editing & Writing Topics that's where I visit the most & am familiar with a lot of the person's there.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The people interviewing you are trying to assess the likelihood of your getting through the course successfuly, so it would be inappropriate for us to help you. Do not worry too much about making some slips - if you knew everything, you probably wouldn't need to take the course.

The instructions for such tests normally say that you may refer to reference books if you wish. I would suggest that you check the names we give to the various tense forms of the verb. You'll find some initial help here: English Glossary of Grammar Terms - UsingEnglish.com

Good luck with the course if you are accepted and decide to take it.

Samer1

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Egypt
Thank you for that, I hear you loud & clear. However the placing is very very competitive & they said that they will only take the best candidates. I know i am smart enough to do it on my own, once my memory is refreshed as I have always gotten A's in English. There are many threads on this site where a newbie like myself posted their questions & was given the help they needed. I am not looking for an easy fix so to speak, that is why I left out half the exam & tried answering the parts I was unsure of, while at the same time, asking for HOW TO on how to explain things to an ESL learner. So please help. I am also thinking of deleting this post by the end of the day & re-posting it under ASK A TEACHER, where there are hundreds of viewers at a time, while here there are hardly over 20 at any given time. Might have posted in the wrong section.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
So please help.
I have explained why we can't. If you are accepted on the course, it needs to be on the strength of your own abilities and knowledge, not of ours.
I am also thinking of deleting this post by the end of the day & re-posting it under ASK A TEACHER, where there are hundreds of viewers at a time..
It would receive the same answer there.

Samer1

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Egypt
as I mentioned to you, I am just really afraid I don't make the final cut.

I don't suppose then you could explain the dozens of similar requests posted on here who received help? It just seems a little strange that others are availed the help they need & suddenly, I am not. Sorry to say so..no pun intended. But thanks to you all the same.

Hopefully someone WILL see it from the other perspective.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you look in the teacher training section, you will find many similar requests turned down. You are asking for someone to give you the answers- something we don't do here when it's an assignment. I will give you a suggestion- check the difference between progressive & simple, and the present and past progressive.

Samer1

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Egypt
Ah haa, the progressive & past progressive. Now it is making sense. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.