Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi... I would like to apply to a Master Degree Programme of Sport Psychology and I would appreciate very much if someone could correct my motivation letter. Thanks!

To whom it may concern:

In addition to all my documents provided, I would like to take this great opportunity to write a motivation letter to clarify my main reason that drives me to study in European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology, starting in autumn 2012.

I am currently taking the last semester of Psychology at the Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil. And I believe my educational background would enable me to make a strong contribution at the programme.

My academic performance has been always on top of class. I have developed considerable experience conducting research and writing articles while I was member of Educational Psychology Research Group of my University. Researches such as: “The formation of the Child educator: what are their real needs?” and “The Contributions of Educational Psychology for the training of early childhood educator.” Is part of my curriculum. Furthermore, as intern of the Social Psychology Department I also participated in the research: “Psychological care at the Special Police Assistance to women of Uberlândia.” And “ The use of metaphors in the context of domestic violence in psychological care at the Special Police Assistance to women of Uberlândia.”

Moreover I had the opportunity to do an internship at the psychological consulting company called atrain based in Bamberg, Germany in which I was responsible for helping in opening an atrain Office in Brazil and responsible for the preparation an follow up of Development Centers.

The reason for choosing this specific Master Programme comes from the fact that I had lived in Finland last winter when I had the opportunity to do an internship in Global.me Project, and at that time I heard a lot about the European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology, and when I came back to Brazil I started to work in a program with the Paralympic athletes of my state. Since then, I am totally in love and involved with sport psychology and my new internship.

In short, by choosing to study in the program I will benefit greatly from the extraordinary experience for building up my professional career, for me. Also if I will get selected for this program I will have the opportunity to learn from the best and the fact that I will study in an international environment will give me the privilege to create new relationships with people from different cultures. I am also aware of the kind of dedication and perseverance I will need to have for achieving the best results in the field and I believe my background will qualify me for such a Master Programme.

Finally I can say that I look forward to join this Master Degree Programme, in order to prove my abilities and gain new skills and I will be patiently waiting for a positive reply.

Kind regards,

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi... I would like to apply to a Master Degree Programme of Sport Psychology and I would appreciate very much if someone could correct my motivation letter. Thanks!

Dear Sir or Madam,

In addition to all my documents provided, I would like to take this great opportunity to write a motivation letter to clarify my main reason that drives me to study in European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology, starting in autumn 2012.

I am currently taking the last semester of Psychology at the Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil. And I am confident that my educational background would enable me to make a strong contribution at the programme.

My academic performance has always been [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] on top of the class. I have developed considerable experience in conducting research and writing articles while I was a member of the Educational Psychology Research Group of my university. Researches such as “The Formation of the Child educator: what are their real needs?” and “The Contributions of Educational Psychology for the training of early childhood educator.” - are part of my curriculum. Furthermore, as intern of the Social Psychology Department I also participated in the research: “Psychological care at the Special Police Assistance to women of Uberlândia.” And “The use of metaphors in the context of domestic violence in psychological care at the Special Police Assistance to women of Uberlândia.”

Moreover I had the opportunity to do an internship at the psychological consulting company called atrain based in Bamberg, Germany in which I was responsible for helping in opening an atrain Office in Brazil and responsible for the preparation and follow up of Development Centers. (BrE = Centres)

The reason for choosing this specific Master Programme comes from the fact that I had lived in Finland last winter when I had the opportunity to do an internship in Global.me Project, and at that time I heard a lot about the European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology, and when I came back to Brazil I started to work in a program (BrE = programme) with the Paralympic athletes of my state. Since then, I have totally been in love and involved with sport psychology and my new internship.

In short, by choosing to study in the program (BrE = programme) I will benefit greatly from the extraordinary experience for building up my professional career, for me. Also if I will get selected for this program (BrE = programme) I will have the opportunity to learn from the best and the fact that I will study in an international environment will give me the privilege to create new relationships with people from different cultures. I am also aware of the kind of dedication and perseverance I will need to have for achieving the best results in the field and I am confident that my background will qualify me for such a Master Programme.

Finally I can say that I look forward to joining this Master Degree Programme, in order to prove my abilities and gain new skills and I will be patiently waiting for a positive reply.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours truly, (BrE = Yours faithfully)

carolsousavieira

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Thank you very much for the quick reply... Can you give your opinion? Do you think that this is a good motivation letter?

All the best,
Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.