• English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Psychology Research Paper

Quote Originally Posted by lina<3 View Post
    The average age to marry is unique and different across the world. At the age of 12, most children are partially aware of what love is. They pick up relationship ideas from what they witness in homes where a couple is present as mother and father, schools where they read and are taught about relationships, including sex, and also on television through commercials, cartoons, and movies. By the age of 16, most children start getting involved in relationships for a multiple of reasons. Surprisingly, it sometimes takes two people only a few years and months, even weeks to decide on marriage. Which leads us to the question- what is the best age for marriage? Apparently, many people fail to realize that love is an ideal thing, while marriage is the real thing. Hypothetically, the best age to marry is 30 given that it takes time to develop mentally and emotionally, financially. However, research studies indicate that there is no best age to marry because of diverse educational, financial, and emotional reasons.

*any suggestions or corrections before I move on to the body which I will elaborate on the different educational, financial, and emotional reasons why there is no best age to marry ?
    If you don't intend to provide support for your hypothesis that 30 is the best age - in fact it looks like you intend your research not to show this - why are you making that hypothesis?
    My suggestion is to leave out the word "hypothesis" or "hypothetically" if you don't understand it. You could say something like, "My subjective instinct is that 30 is the best age for marriage. However the results of my research point out the danger of making such unsubstantiated guesses in what purports to be a scientific discipline."

lina<3 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Samoan
      • Home Country:
      • American Samoa
      • Current Location:
      • American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Throughout the body, I will elaborate on my findings and how they clearly object my hypothesis. I mentioned the term "hypothetically" in the research paper because we were instructed to formulate a hypothesis. I decided to include the hypothesis in the introduction and will elaborate on how I came up with it throughout the body, even in the conclusion too.
    "in what purports to be a scientific discipline."-could you elaborate on what this meant please ?

Thank you very much for your awkward responses (:

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Throughout the body, I will elaborate on my findings and how they clearly object my hypothesis. I mentioned the term "hypothetically" in the research paper because we were instructed to formulate a hypothesis. I decided to include the hypothesis in the introduction and will elaborate on how I came up with it throughout the body, even in the conclusion too.
    "in what purports to be a scientific discipline."-could you elaborate on what this meant please ?

Thank you very much for your awkward responses (:
    I don't think this is the best way to get further help.
    Most Psychology Departments would consider that psychology is a science, and that if you use a term like "hypothetically", you mean it in a scientific way.
    Last edited by Raymott; 27-Nov-2011 at 22:30.

lina<3 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Samoan
      • Home Country:
      • American Samoa
      • Current Location:
      • American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your help and I apologize if I sounded offensive (: Your comments and suggestions are helping me so much with my paper.

lina<3 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Samoan
      • Home Country:
      • American Samoa
      • Current Location:
      • American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Relationships: What Is The Best Age For Marriage?
    The average age to marry is unique and different across the world. At the age of 12, most children are partially aware of what love is. They pick up relationship ideas from what they witness in homes where a couple is present as mother and father, schools where they read and are taught about relationships, including sex, and also on television through commercials, cartoons, and movies. By the age of 16, most children start getting involved in relationships for a multiple of reasons. Surprisingly, it sometimes takes two people only a few years and months, even weeks to decide on marriage. Which leads us to the question- what is the best age for marriage? Apparently, many people fail to realize that love is an ideal thing, while marriage is the real thing. From subjective instinct, 30 is the best age for marriage. However, research studies indicate that there is no best age to marry because of diverse educational, financial, and emotional reasons.
    Education
    Supposedly, by the age of 30, one would have obtained some kind of degree. At the age of 18 to 19, high school years have been completed; from 19-25, we see a man with a B.A in Computer Engineering or a woman with Masters in Liberal Arts. Realistically, education plays a vital function in every relationship, including marriage. It allows one to genuinely learn and mentally prepare him/her for present and future decisions. In fact, married couples and non-married couples often encounter serious marriage problems as a product of lacking educational experiences, which sometimes eventually result in ugly divorces. Hundreds of research results indicate that it is best to wait until one has obtained a college degree, as it appears to be very important on resumes and job applications.

*any suggestions, I'm starting on the body now.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hundreds of research results indicate that it is best to wait until one has obtained a college degree, as it appears to be very important on resumes and job applications.

*any suggestions, I'm starting on the body now.
    Can you post some of your references to these hundreds of research results?

I'm still not sure whether you understand the difference between a research paper and an opinion piece for a women's magazine.

What you should be doing is:
    1) State your hypothesis in the opening: 30 is the best age for marriage.
    2) Then, look for some evidence (A true scientific study would look for evidence both for and against the hypothesis - to find the truth. It's probably acceptable in Psych150 to ignore the evidence against.)
    3) Give that evidence with adequate documentation. (Your subjective opinion doesn't count as evidence, or documentation)
    4) Write a conclusion, saying whether your hypothesis has been confirmed, or not.
    You have already decided that your hypothesis is true, so it's not strictly a truth-seeking study. It's a piece of persuasive writing. You will probably pass Psych150 with this, but technically, it's not a research study. If you have not been taught what a research study is, your approach will probably be adequate, and none of your fellow students will know either.

Just one hint:
    Supposedly, by the age of 30, one would have obtained some kind of degree.
    Words like "supposedly" don't belong here. Every time you use a word like that, you are signalling that this is your preconceived opinion, not a result of your research.

lina<3 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Samoan
      • Home Country:
      • American Samoa
      • Current Location:
      • American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, thank you so much for your help (: I'll be in touch !

lina<3 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Samoan
      • Home Country:
      • American Samoa
      • Current Location:
      • American Samoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Can you post some of your references to these hundreds of research results?

I'm still not sure whether you understand the difference between a research paper and an opinion piece for a women's magazine.

What you should be doing is:
    1) State your hypothesis in the opening: 30 is the best age for marriage.
    2) Then, look for some evidence (A true scientific study would look for evidence both for and against the hypothesis - to find the truth. It's probably acceptable in Psych150 to ignore the evidence against.)
    3) Give that evidence with adequate documentation. (Your subjective opinion doesn't count as evidence, or documentation)
    4) Write a conclusion, saying whether your hypothesis has been confirmed, or not.
    You have already decided that your hypothesis is true, so it's not strictly a truth-seeking study. It's a piece of persuasive writing. You will probably pass Psych150 with this, but technically, it's not a research study. If you have not been taught what a research study is, your approach will probably be adequate, and none of your fellow students will know either.

Just one hint:
    Supposedly, by the age of 30, one would have obtained some kind of degree.
    Words like "supposedly" don't belong here. Every time you use a word like that, you are signalling that this is your preconceived opinion, not a result of your research.
    Raymott:
    Can you write my paper for me please?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Raymott:
    Can you write my paper for me please?
    No, you'll do OK, eventually.

postdeborinite is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Swedish
      • Home Country:
      • Sweden
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Psychology Research Paper

Not a teacher, but a researcher.

The word "hypothetically" is not normally alluding to "hypothesis". It is used for discussing a fictive situation, case, etc.

"The average age to marry is unique..."
    This is a misuse of the word unique. Using average in conjunction with unique is to me self-contradictory. What you mean is that the average age to marry varies depending on home country.

Good luck with the paper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast