Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

My decision to pursue masters of international business in your university is underscored by my desire to connect Nepal's economy to the world economy. Its strategic location between India and China adds to the advantage. After growing up in the business family, I feel that main cause of problems faced by country are lack of proper understanding and learning from the other developed economies, be it in technology or working methology. So, I personally believe that proper observation of international economy is must if Nepal need to remove its tag of underdeveloped country and this program provides the platform to come up with new initiatives, as change agent - ready to lead the change happening here or around the globe. I am interested in establishing the innovative companies in Nepal dealing with tourism, hydroelectricity and boost the export trade.

I feel that the Masters program in International Business would be invaluable in helping me achieve these objectives. It would enable me to channel my quantitative and conceptual skills in analysing business issues and would open up new avenues in research. Subsequent to earning a Masters program, I would like to involve in consulting business for small scale enterprises as well as attracting the investment from the foreign countries and Non- Resident Nepali.

When I was five, my father passed awayand was taken care by my maternal family. They are involved in business activities, mainly, importing readymade clothes and jewellery items from China and has experience doing business in India regarding FMCG products. Some of my best days were spent helping uncle and aunt in their businesses. Since then, I have developed a passion to do something of my own in business sector as a means to solve societal problem.

My education suits this field very well. I have graduated in commerce as a honours student specializing in investment management, financial management, marketing and advertisement. I already have project reporting experience in my final year of college after preparing report on "Bread Industries of India". It helped to harness my analytical and problem solving skills.I have found research on investment opportunities fascinating since my college days, where I received the highest marks in the Department for my final-year undergraduate dissertation. Due to financial hardship in my family, I began to search for the opportunities in the stock market and started to get involved at the age of 18. I have strong background both in financial and technical analysis of securities. I was awarded as the best student of the year 2005-2007 based on my academic credentials in Xavier Academy while doing +2 course in Management.I was also voted for the active member of the student council. In Hansraj College, Delhi University I have secured 70% in aggregate and stood as top 20 student.

Upon graduating from +2 management college. I was offered a job with Elegance Store, a branded readymade clothing store located at United World Trade Centre, Kathmandu,Nepal. This is where I learned how to apply the principles and lessons of management to real life. It was fascinating; and transformed my interest in management development into a passion. I read extensively, trying to keep myself informed about management thinking in my areas of work - structure and systems in an industry and organisation, industrial marketing and strategy. After graduating from college, I am self employed in the priliminary process of establishing an investment company dealing with share trading and wealth management. Nepal has a huge tourism potential, so also involved in starting the online travel business portal for international and domestic ticketing, tour packages, foreign exchange and other transportation facilities. Furthermore, Inspired from the B2B website that is "made-in-china.com", I was also involve in project creating similar prospect for export market of Handicraft products in Nepal.

I have been taught by very good lecturers. After course I took with Professor Manjit Singh Saggi, in business management, I decided that there is nothing more interesting than international business and finance. He explains in today's world coffee is grown in Sri Lanka, processed in Brazil by Chinese business man using German Technology and exported to USA. Thus, its relevance is increasing day by day. Likewise, Professor NK Jain's fascinating lecture on security analysis has broaden my interest in financial market as well. I enjoyed listening to them and want to teach my mind to operate in similar manner.

I want to do masters at this University for many reasons. I have heard about your masters program in Business Administration from my business school professors and am impressed with the emphasis placed on technical and analytical skills, general management orientation and rigorous research methodology. The School's strengths in supply chain management and information management are commensurated with my research interests. The faculty's reputation for excellent teaching, challenging coursework and the outstanding facilities are added attractions.

I hope that the admissions committee finds my background and strengths commensurate with the requirements of your program in international business.

risagal2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
please, please

Status
Not open for further replies.