spanish_girl Guest

Question Help me, please!it's very important for me

I need your help, please! Is this text right? grammatical and puntuation. Please tell me the mistakes! :

The book called “Gulliver’s travel” is in many ways similar to “one thousand nights” and Aesop fable because, it uses strange situations in faraway land and also makes humorous comments on human nature.
    It is therefore a fantasy with practical purposes.
    The essential of the book describes what happens in Gulliver whenever he goes to the long sea voyage.
    On the first occasion, his ship is wrecked and he finds himself the Lilliput land of the little people.
    Later, he goes by an accident to a land giant called Brobdingnag.
    On still another occasion, he has an adventure land talked horses.
    In fact, all this little people of giant horses represent human being.
    The author, Jonathan Swift, likes writing about people politics society and suggests from certain points of view of important problems in the country might appears very small important.
    Swift also means some people that have a small mind and need to realize just how insignificant they are in the universe.
    He suggests some horse mind is perhaps, good than some people or at least it is interesting hear intelligent speech come from horse.
    Although, today Gulliver travel is read mainly for sake of stories originally. Swift wrote it in order to shock people and in this he succeed.

Thank you very much

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me, please!it's very important for me

Hello, Spanish Girl!
    It's late for me to reply from Canada, now, as fully as I'd like to, but I will tomorrow. In the meantime, look at your prepositions, and your singular/plural tense endings.

Hasta manana!
    Fleur-de-lys

M56 Guest

Re: Help me, please!it's very important for me

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_girl
    I need your help, please! Is this text right? grammatical and puntuation. Please tell me the mistakes! :

The book called “Gulliver’s travel” is in many ways similar to “one thousand nights” and Aesop fable because, it uses strange situations in faraway land and also makes humorous comments on human nature.
    It is therefore a fantasy with practical purposes.
    The essential of the book describes what happens in Gulliver whenever he goes to the long sea voyage.
    On the first occasion, his ship is wrecked and he finds himself the Lilliput land of the little people.
    Later, he goes by an accident to a land giant called Brobdingnag.
    On still another occasion, he has an adventure land talked horses.
    In fact, all this little people of giant horses represent human being.
    The author, Jonathan Swift, likes writing about people politics society and suggests from certain points of view of important problems in the country might appears very small important.
    Swift also means some people that have a small mind and need to realize just how insignificant they are in the universe.
    He suggests some horse mind is perhaps, good than some people or at least it is interesting hear intelligent speech come from horse.
    Although, today Gulliver travel is read mainly for sake of stories originally. Swift wrote it in order to shock people and in this he succeed.

Thank you very much
    I'd suggest:

The book Gulliver’s Travels is in many ways similar to One Thousand Nights and Aesop’s Fables because it uses strange situations in a faraway land and also makes humorous comments on human nature. It is therefore a fantasy with practical purposes.

The essence of the book describes what happens to Gulliver whenever he goes on a long sea voyage. On the first occasion, his ship is wrecked and he finds himself the in Lilliput, the land of the little people. Later, he goes by accident to Brobdingnag, a land of giants. On still another occasion, he has an adventure in a land of talking horses.
    In fact, all these little people, giants and horses represent human beings.

The author, Jonathan Swift, liked writing about people, politics, and society, and suggests that from a certain point of view important problems in the country might really be very unimportant. Swift also suggests that some people have small minds and need to realize just how insignificant they are in the universe. He suggests certain horses’ minds are perhaps better than certain people’s minds, or at least it is interesting hear intelligent speech come from horse.

Although, today Gulliver’s Travels is mainly read as a fantasy story, Swift wrote it in order to shock the people of his time, and in this he succeeded.
    Last edited by M56; 23-Oct-2005 at 08:46.