Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I am teaching Reading Comprehension at a college where the level of ESL students varies from beginner to advanced.
I need to find a large set (preferably 100s) of Reading Comprehension passages and accompanying questions and exercises to draw on. It can either be a good series of books or an online database. I will pay for these materials as required.
Can you please recommend a comprehensive resource for Reading Comprehension materials.

Admittedly, I would like to draw on past standardized tests (TOEFL etc.) as resources, but these materials are proprietary and cannot be reproduced on in-class exams.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aishwarya.89

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,
Why don't you try this. The level is a little hard. Well, it actually starts from Easy and goes onto Hard, even Harder.

http://codecoax.com/grerc/

Its actually for GRE aspirants. But it will be useful :)

Hope it helps!

Aishwarya

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I am teaching Reading Comprehension at a college where the level of ESL students varies from beginner to advanced.
I need to find a large set (preferably 100s) of Reading Comprehension passages and accompanying questions and exercises to draw on. It can either be a good series of books or an online database. I will pay for these materials as required.
Can you please recommend a comprehensive resource for Reading Comprehension materials.

Admittedly, I would like to draw on past standardized tests (TOEFL etc.) as resources, but these materials are proprietary and cannot be reproduced on in-class exams.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try these. I believe most of them are American English.
Free ESL Stories and Exercises

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
*Just a student.
For reading/listening activities, my teacher gave us texts extracted from Read and Understand by Betty kirkpatrick & Rebecca Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.