Hello,

to get an internship I've to write a curriculum vitae (a full text) dealing with the time in school, personal interests, my studies and so on.

Could you maybe look for mistakes or misleading, ambiguous senteces?

Thank you very much!

In 2002 I switched to the *, a grammar school in Hanover. I soon started to participate in daily school life by taking part in several extra-curricular activities:
In 7th grade I joined a group responsible for keeping the homepage up to date. Two years later, having gained experiences with the software used, I was asked to integrate pupils who were interested in attending group sessions. Being the contact person of the group, I soon organized requests and tasks. However, keeping the younger students quiet was necessary, too, in order to make sure all participants would be working effectively.
I also needed these organisational skills in the library club which I joined in 10th grade and which increased my interest in literature. Since the budget was strictly limited, we had long discussions about what books to purchase; further, as no one had cared about the library before, we developed new rules concerning the borrowing of books. The knowledge I gained from working in the library helped me to write my Facharbeit in 12th grade, i. e. a compulsory 15 page essay each student writes about a scientific topic; interested in German politics and law as well as information technology I chose the topic Copyright in the Digital Age.
At the end of 10th grade two friends and I founded a tutoring group which was based on the idea that students of 10th grade and upwards help younger pupils with their homework, exam preparation and problems in school. Even though it took a long time to find enough tutors, the project finally was successful as itís still running today.
Further, I participated in the SchŁlerrat (pupilsí council) from 9th grade until I finished school. Economics being one of my biggest interests, I participated in setting up a student company with eight other students in my last school year. We created both a calendar and a memory game about Braunschweig, which we sold successfully within ten months. As the leader of the financial department, I learned to put economic theory into practice.
After passing the Abitur (equivalent to A levels) in German, History, Economics, Biology and English as the best student of the year, I did my Zivildienst (alternative military service) at a hospital in Hanover from July 2009 until March 2010. I decided to work in the department for medical engineering as I had specialized on social sciences during my school time and as I consequently wanted to increase my knowledge of chemistry, physics and modern technology. Besides, I learned about the structure and hierarchy of a public organisation. I realized that each person pays an important role within a company independent of its educational qualification.
In 2007 my father died of cancer, which had been diagnosed five years before. As his state of health worsened in the following years, my mother and I cared for him at home from 2006 on. Even though the doctors were very clear about his situation explaining that he couldnít survive the disease, I wasnít psychologically mature enough to reflect on my familyís situation after his death. My mother and my 27 years old brother, however, helped me to get over my fatherís death always supporting me and responding to my problems. Today, with almost five years having passed, I believe that this experience has made me more mature as Iíve realized how important a close relationship to my family and my friends is.
To see whether my goal to become a teacher would be a good decision, I did an internship with a grammar school in Germany between the end of my Zivildienst and the beginning of my studies. I gained insights in two areas: First, sitting at the back of the rooms, I observed and analysed lessons as for the structure, teacherís classroom management and methods used to motivate students; in addition, I also gave lessons, mainly in English, German und Politics. Second, I was allowed to work in the school administration; it was interesting to see what problems can occur ďbehind the scenesĒ and in how far educational policy influences daily school life.
In October 2010 I began studying the English and Political Science at the University of Hanover. Both subjects fit my personal interests: As for English Iím in particular interested in British Cultural Studies, basic topics of Linguistics and approaches and methods in language teaching. Concerning Political Science Iíve dealt much with political philosophy, political systems (including the system of the European Union) and didactics. Since December 2011 Iíve been working as a student assistant in the Seminar for Civic Education. Besides doing administrational work, Iím helping the lecturers to prepare their courses.
Furthermore, Iíve been working as a tutor for three months. Iím giving tutorials related to two introductory courses: Introduction to Political Science and Introduction to Linguistics. Not only am I responsible for the syllabus of the tutorials, but I also select suitable material to explain topics clearly and to help first semester students to pass their exams successfully.
Since November 2010 Iíve received a scholarship of the *, an organisation which is currently supporting about 300 prospective teachers financially and with a high number of obligatory and optional seminars. Iíve attended seminars about communication in school, intercultural competence and project management so far. The knowledge I gained has helped me a lot not only in my university courses but also regarding my view on school.