Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
i will publish my book review in english. but i want it as if when anybody reads it, he must think me as native speaker of britian" :D can you correct my review?

Last edited:

easybreakable

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
I have been through something similar... What I know is this, there are some publishing companies that seek for international writers, they could receive your manuscript, read it for free, if they accept publishing it, you will need to pay "fee" which is quite affordable in order to allow them to make further steps like "reviewing".

The teachers here are doing very fine, helping us with the proof-reading, just to be able of making it on our own, and we are indeed grateful for their unpaid job.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I will (want to?) publish my book review in [STRIKE]e[/STRIKE] English., but [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I want it [STRIKE]as if[/STRIKE] so that when anybody reads it, he must think of me as native speaker of[STRIKE] britian[/STRIKE] British English. :D [STRIKE]c[/STRIKE] Can you correct my review?
You can post it here, and people may help you, but there is no guarantee that anybody will. If you are writing professionally, then you will almost certainly have to pay for professional proofreading services.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I have been through something similar... What I know is this, there are some publishing companies that seek for international writers, they could receive your manuscript, read it for free, if they accept publishing it, you will need to pay "fee" which is quite affordable in order to allow them to make further steps like "reviewing".
I strongly recommend that you do not pay any fee, however 'affordable', to any publisher who requires payment for reviewing, proofreading, or any other service of this nature. This sort of thing is usually a con trick.

It's different if you are 'vanity publishing', i.e., paying someone to publish your work for you - probably because you cannot find any other publisher who will accept your work. However, even here, you have to be very careful. You may find yourself with a thousand or so unsellable copies of a book that someone has merely had printed for you, often very expensively.They never had any real intention of selling it for you. You may even find that you pay out the money and the book is never printed.

easybreakable

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
OMG! thank you for the advice... I thought it was normal thing for any publishing company to ask for a fee before reviewing a manuscript!

Status
Not open for further replies.