Please grade my essay and give me rating 0 to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Pets should be treated as family friends

Pets are the animals which are raised by the people, we can see a lot of pets walking on the road every morning or the evening. In my view pets should be treated the family members because of few reasons they are as explained below.

First, pets are most likely animals which are human friendly .Some of them are dogs, cats, rats, and rabbits. Usually when a pet is grown in our house we start feeding it and serving water to it we start playing with it while we are doing all these we will get a lot of relaxation which we are usually offered by our family members.

Second, pets show a lot of affection to us. For instance, in my childhood their used to be dog called jimmy in my neighbor’s house. I and my sister used to play with the dog daily. One day my sister was kidnapped by one of the well known person of our two families. Jimmy caught him after and we got back my sister. So, when a dog is doing all the family work and also giving the love to a family then it is certainly a part of family.

In Conclusion, as a pet gives us love, faith fullness, hope when we are alone then it is certainly called as a family member of us .So ,I definitely say a pet should be treated as a family friend.

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Viewers grade my essay.and tell me suggestion to correct my writing pattern.....waiting :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
thanks for your suggestion Gil.

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I would be very thankful if u grade my integrated essay also,hope u won't mind.

Reading:

In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfering with Uranus's orbit. Though Pluto was estimated to be similar in size to Earth, it was later discovered that it was even smaller than our own moon, as well as many other moons. It is now known that there are thousands of planetary objects similar to Pluto, including Eris which is slightly larger than Pluto. Choosing to reclassify Pluto to a dwarf planet honors the fact that science is about making new discoveries. While it was a sad day for Pluto lovers, people in general have accepted the idea, and the next generation of children will grow up knowing only eight planets and thinking nothing of it. As Mike Brown, the astronomer who discovered Eris, noted following the IUC's decision, "science is self-correcting."

Transcript of lecture:

As you all likely know by now, Pluto has been officially demoted to a dwarf planet. What this means is that we will no longer include it as part of our solar system. The debate about whether or not Pluto should hold its status as a planet created such a conflict within the community of world astronomers that it has been called the Great Pluto War. The decision on whether or not to demote Pluto was put to a final vote by astronomers from around the world at the International Astronomical Union Conference. However, when I say from around the world, I don't mean worldwide. In fact, less than 10% of the world's astronomers voted, and most of those who were at the conference had already gone home by the last day when the vote took place. Of more than 10 000 potential voters, less than 500 took part, mainly because there was no way for them to cast their vote without actually being at the conference. Many astronomers believe that if electronic voting had been an option, Pluto along with two other celestial objects, would now be considered planets. Furthermore, the definition that was decided upon for a planet - that it must clear the neighborhood around its orbit - doesn't technically hold up, since Earth, Mars, Neptune, and Jupiter all have asteroids as neighbors.

The IUC decision disappointed many people outside the astronomy community too. You see, there are more than a few Pluto lovers out there. Some were so angry at the resolution that they began putting petitions together to have the ruling overturned. In New Mexico, where Pluto's discoverer was a resident, state officials have declared March 13th, Pluto Planet Day. Children in particular have a thing with Pluto and are perhaps the least willing to part with it. The name for the now dwarf planet was put to a vote in 1930. And incidentally, Pluto, which was chosen unanimously by a group at the observatory where it was discovered, had been submitted by a young schoolgirl.

My essay,

Both the reading and the listening passage are discussing about the Pluto existence in the solar system. Actually Pluto was discovered in 1930 when the astronomers are searching for the orbit of Uranus. Astronomers are having doubt in the existence of Pluto in Solar system dew to the evolving nature of Science and the Pluto.

First ,according to the reading passage their is a voting held on the date August 24th, 2006 at International Astronomical Union Conference. In which the majority voters are against the placing the Pluto in the nine planet list of solar system.Which a last lead to removal of the Pluto. In Contrary to the reading passage, the listening passage states that,though majority of voting is along with the statement of considering Pluto as dwarf planet but, most of the non present astronomers are against the action.

Second ,reading passage states that reclassification of the Pluto as a dwarf planet is the part of honoring the science by its evolving nature. In contrary to the above statement listening passages introduces one more point that is,nature will be evolving continuously and we should not change past believes.Accordingly, the residents of New Mexico where the Pluto discoverer Mike Brown was born protested it and they did not agree with the statement of Pluto removal from solar system and they announced they will not be considering this statement as true inside of New Mexico.

Finally, according to the reading Pluto can be considered as the dwarf planet but In contrary with the above statement listening does not agree with it and the at last dew to voting in the [FONT=&quot]International Astronomical Union Conference[/FONT] Pluto was considered as dwarf planet saying the statement that science is self evolving and correcting.

usharao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please grade my essay and give a number between 0 to 6..Please its my request to post viewers.:-?:-?

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
I would be very thankful if u grade my integrated essay also,hope u won't mind.

My essay,

Both the reading and the listening passage are [STRIKE]discussing[/STRIKE] about the Pluto existence in our solar system. Actually Pluto was discovered in 1930 when [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] astronomers were searching for something that was disturbing the orbit of Uranus. Astronomers had doubts about the existence of Pluto in our solar system due to the evolving nature of science and latest findings about Pluto.

First, according to the reading passage [STRIKE]their is[/STRIKE] a voting was taken on [STRIKE]the date[/STRIKE] August 24th, 2006 at the International Astronomical Union Conference. The majority of voters are against [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] placing Pluto in the nine planet list of our solar system, which [STRIKE]a last[/STRIKE] leads to removal of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Pluto. In contrary to the reading passage, the listening passage states that, though the majority of the voting is in favour [STRIKE]the statement[/STRIKE] of considering Pluto as dwarf planet [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE], most of the non-present astronomers are against the action.

Second, the reading passage states that the reclassification of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Pluto as a dwarf planet is the part of honoring the science by its evolving nature. In contrary to the above statement, the listening passage introduces one more point that is that nature will be evolving continuously and we should not change past believes. Accordingly, the residents of New Mexico, where [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Pluto’s discoverer Mike Brown was born, protested against it and they do not agree with the statement of Pluto’s removal from our solar system and they announced that they will not be considering this statement as true inside of New Mexico.

Finally, according to the result of the vote at the International Astronomical Union Conference, Pluto is no longer considered as a planet in our solar system but as a dwarf planet saying the statement that science is self- evolving and correcting. About 9,500 astronomers did not attend the conference, assuming that less than 500 voters would not pass a resolution. Thus, the resolution was a great disappointment provoking the so called Great Pluto War among the astronomers.

februar, no teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.