Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, I have thought too much before saying something in English? :-? How can I speak English fluently and confidently? :-|
It would be grateful if you can share your own thoughts. Thank you...

sumon.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Not a teacher

I would say : You should think less and learn more, then speak up... ....

WElCome
:)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process- if you don't take risks and try new things, you won't make progress. The main aim is to get your message across- if you do that, then you have communicated successfully. Instead of thinking for ages, just say it- then you may need to reformulate or expand on what you said and check that they have understood. I'd rather listen to something and then have to work through it to get the message perfectly than sit in silence waiting for the other person to speak.

Remember that when you are speaking a foreign language, you are doing the hard work. I have just started learning a new language and I babble, forget things, make mistakes, etc. It's normal. ;-)

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Immerse yourself. English should be everywhere all the time! Listen, listen, listen. Let your brain imbibe it. Let your subconscious record it. Exposing yourself to as much English as possible will surely pay off in the long run. We are not native speakers. The best thing we can do is "record" the language in our minds. Don't forget that native speakers of the English language learn other languages too and do make mistakes and are often at a loss expressing their thoughts in the language they are learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.