Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
* Not a teacher, nor a native speaker.

I think the best way to learn pronunciation is to listen to English from native speakers as much as possible.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
dear teachers i'm student of english
i want to speak a good english
what is the best book or video to learn speaking
thank you
As symaa said, a live English-speaker is the best tool. But they have to be available and willing.

In these days of technology, there is no need to think of using a book to learn pronunciation (Unless it's for one word, and even then, online dictionaries generally have audio.)
There are many good audio courses, such as the BBC. (Ask other students for which are the best). Once you've done all the free lessons on all of these, if you can't afford to pay for the course, go to YouTube.
Watch English TV - though this will be too advanced for you at the moment, I think.

One you have a basic degree of fluency, you can find a Skype-pal or Windows-Live pal who speaks English. Unfortunately, you need to have something that they want in return!

I hope some students can give you some good tips about courses and videos that they've used and found helpful.

HelenaHaden

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
For being more successful,you need to create an English environment all around you. It would bemush better if you could communicate in English only and watchEnglish programs in TV. That is why I always watch the "EnglishClub TV" channel. It`s an on-line educationalchannel, they speak slowly and clearly. There are various programs such as news, programs related to business and tourism, for children and explaining many English idioms and phrasal verbs, etc. starting from Elementary up to Advanced level. You can try a free option for a start and take a membershiplater in case you enjoy it. I used to have many obstacles for my listening and speaking skills but watching the channel has made me fluent and confident. Join me and we will discuss all the programs and lessons then.

Waiting for your reply

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Waiting for your reply

Hello Helena and welcome the Using English. You will wait a very long time I'm afraid - this member was banned, as you can see by the line through his/her name and the word "Banned" under the user name.

There are a lot of more recent posts than this one from last December. I hope you will engage in our current dialogues instead.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is it not time to close this thread to avoid any more wasted replies? I didn't notice that the OP was banned until I reached Barb's comment.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Status
Not open for further replies.