Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I suggest you to use British accent because they speak whole english instead of slang and also they don't create their own english words.

curmudgeon

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In my experience, for what it's worth, is that the Dutch people speak excellent English. I wouldn't worry too much about the accent, just enjoy the language. :)

Last edited:

curmudgeon

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hee hee, I had to edit that post four times because i made many mistakes!

curmudgeon

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

harrypurple

Member Type
Student or Learner
I'm from England and I would prefer a sales call using an English accent. It feels more normal for me. Of course, Americans would probably say the same about an american accent. :-D

I often find American accents (all kinds) difficult to understand because of the drawn out vowel sounds ( e.g. the short 'o' often gets changed to a long 'ah' sound). Also I just feel it sounds weird for a non-American person to speak using an American accent. English feels like it should be taught to non English speaking people with the original accent - regular English accent. It's like they've deliberatley gone out to learn a third accent to speak a second language in! :-?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I suggest you to use British accent because they speak whole english instead of slang and also they don't create their own english words.

This is incorrect. Both places use slang and create new words.

Luka Nieto

Member Type
Student or Learner
I'm not sure if my pronunciation is american or British. I think I should do a thread about it. I recorded myself some weeks ago, so hey, It'd be great... I might do that, yes.

Chehonte

Member Type
Student or Learner
American influence (movies, music etc.) has made American accent most comprehensible to me. However it's more comfortable for me to pronounce words the way British do. Maybe it has something to do with my Russian. I can't decide which way to go in developing my talking skills... :cry:

applenew

Member Type
Academic
correct pronunciation ,Speak in the way that you feel the most comfortable with. and

Status
Not open for further replies.