Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hello, everybody.

I am new here. I am not quite good at English, but I would really like to improve it.
I hope this place might be the right place for me.

I really appreciate all suggestions from all of you.
If I did anything wrong, please, do not hesitate to tell me.

For my very first thread, I have one question.
I work at a company that there are many foreign guest will visit.
Sometimes, I accidentally meet foreign guests that come to visit someone, but I was not sure what should I ask them who they would like to meet.
I thought of 'Who would you like to meet?' might be OK, but I am still not sure is it polite to ask like that.

What should I ask them?
Sorry, if this question is too simple. But I really can't figure it out by myself.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, everybody.

I am new here. I am not quite good at English, but I would really like to improve it.
I hope this place might be the right place for me.

I really appreciate all suggestions from all of you.
If I did anything wrong, please, do not hesitate to tell me.

For my very first thread, I have one question.
I work at a company that there are many foreign guest will visit.
Sometimes, I accidentally meet foreign guests that come to visit someone, but I was not sure what should I ask them who they would like to meet.
I thought of 'Who would you like to meet?' might be OK, but I am still not sure is it polite to ask like that.

What should I ask them?
Sorry, if this question is too simple. But I really can't figure it out by myself.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. That is a great first question!

If you know that they have come to visit someone specific, but you just don't know who, then you can say "Who is it that you are here to meet?" or "Who are you here to meet?"

If they have come to visit a variety of people and even the visitor does not know who it would be good to talk to, you might make some suggestions "I can introduce you to the CEO, the accounts manager, the secretarial staff - who would you like to meet first? Or is there someone else you would prefer to meet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.