Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
France
Hello all.
I am currently a commercial manager, living in Brittany, Western France. I am looking to make a career change and to study for one year to achieve a CELTA teaching qualification. I then plan to use this along with my commercial skills to teach English to adults, and in particular Business English to private companies.

I would like to define what teaching opportunities there may be in my area, and also to meet like-minded people. I have not been able to identify any local networking groups that could help me. I am open to all suggestions on the best way to use my time now to build up a broad range of contacts and future employees.

Thanks in advance for any tips and guidance.
Wideboy

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Idon't really think that usingenglish.com is the site you are looking for for this kind of networking.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Business English can be an area that is not very well covered in ESL- textbooks are often written by people who don't have much real knowledge of business, so there may be scope because of that. However, the market in Europe in general is difficult to trade in at the moment- ageing populations, declining economies and increasing numbers of people trying to get employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.