It is more important to keep old friends than to make new friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierwu1993

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thanks for revising my essay!:)

Do you agree or disagree with this statement: It is more important to keep old friends than to make new friends.

It is not uncommon that people today tend to make more friends easily with the help of modern media like Internet. For example, the system of Facebook typically introduce some "new friends" you may be aquintant with when we are browsing our personal page. What we need to do is to click the "Add to friend"; thus, we have one more friend. Therefore, people have question about caring the relationship between their old buddies or new friends. Personally, I believe it is more significant to make new friends

First of all, we can experience many thing new from out new friends, which, typically, help us realize the happiness of life backward. For example, I met Senthil, a high school student from India last year who told me about his many fantasy experiences in Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE. Then last month, I travelled in Abu Dhabi and took a good deal of photos. Actually, before meeting Senthil, I was a hard-working student who only know how to study. I never knew what is life before going to Abu Dhabi. Obviously, my old friends, most of whom are my classmates and peers, cannot give a chance to expand my outlook. Thus, making new friends befits us a lot undoutedly; it boost our enthusiasm to learn and experience more.
Another important factor is network. We all rely on newwork in 21 century. The more friends we have, the more appealing jobs we can choose from. It is not hard to imagine what a large constraint for a job-seeker who has few friends. The story of my uncle, Camile is a case in point. In 2008, he lost his job and began to find new work. After three years, he has not found a satisfactory job yet. Why? It is not because he does not have high-class diploma- in fact, he is a master from Tulane University. The reality is, as he said to me, he had no friend in college, so he did not own a good network, either. If he had made some new friends when he was in Tulane University, he would have worked in Cocacola Corporation,

Still, I acknowledge the importance of our old buddies. When we have any accomplishment, we should never forget the encouragement and assistance from our old friends. It was they who helped us succeed now, which virtually changed our life.

In conclusion, it is more vital to make new friends. Meanwhile, we are also supposed to stop by our old friends and contact them now and then.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum xavierwu. :hi: Large print is very difficult to read Please submit your posts in a smaller font. It it must easier as I have re-formatted

Do you agree or disagree with this statement: It is more important to keep old friends than to make new friends.

It is not uncommon that people today tend to make more friends easily with the help of modern media like Internet. For example, the system of Facebook typically introduce some "new friends" you may be aquintant with when we are browsing our personal page. What we need to do is to click the "Add to friend"; thus, we have one more friend. Therefore, people have question about caring the relationship between their old buddies or new friends. Personally, I believe it is more significant to make new friends

First of all, we can experience many thing new from out new friends, which, typically, help us realize the happiness of life backward. For example, I met Senthil, a high school student from India last year who told me about his many fantasy experiences in Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE. Then last month, I travelled in Abu Dhabi and took a good deal of photos. Actually, before meeting Senthil, I was a hard-working student who only know how to study. I never knew what is life before going to Abu Dhabi. Obviously, my old friends, most of whom are my classmates and peers, cannot give a chance to expand my outlook. Thus, making new friends befits us a lot undoutedly; it boost our enthusiasm to learn and experience more.
Another important factor is network. We all rely on newwork in 21 century. The more friends we have, the more appealing jobs we can choose from. It is not hard to imagine what a large constraint for a job-seeker who has few friends. The story of my uncle, Camile is a case in point. In 2008, he lost his job and began to find new work. After three years, he has not found a satisfactory job yet. Why? It is not because he does not have high-class diploma- in fact, he is a master from Tulane University. The reality is, as he said to me, he had no friend in college, so he did not own a good network, either. If he had made some new friends when he was in Tulane University, he would have worked in Cocacola Corporation,

Still, I acknowledge the importance of our old buddies. When we have any accomplishment, we should never forget the encouragement and assistance from our old friends. It was they who helped us succeed now, which virtually changed our life.

In conclusion, it is more vital to make new friends. Meanwhile, we are also supposed to stop by our old friends and contact them now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.