Please check this email for grammar errors, etc. Is it good/appropriate/formal enough? Thank you for your time

Dear Ms. Grainger,

Firstly I would like to apologise that this email should come to you during the holidays.

I mailed a letter of application and a curriculum vitae for the assistant teacher position on Tuesday, 13 December 2011. I did not realise that Summer International School Christmas holidays begin on 14 December until 3 Jan 2012. Thus I am unsure if my application has been received.

I am very interested in the position and working at your school. The advertisement put up on the website jobstreet.com.my lists these qualities in an applicant: creative, passionate, motivated and having excellent English. I feel that I possess these qualities that you are looking for and thus I would be a good candidate to consider for the position.

Although I am a recent graduate, my enthusiasm, ability to learn quickly on the job and practice teaching experience in KS2 English and Visual Arts class would make me a beneficial addition to your school. I assure you that my inexperience as compared to other applicants will not be an impediment to the excellent learning and teaching culture at Summer International School.

I have taken the liberty to include my letter of application, curriculum vitae, references and photo with this email for your perusal. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Ms. Grainger.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Yours sincerely,
Marina Temple