• Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Peru
      • Current Location:
      • Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile is it written correctly ?

Hello,
    I wrote the paragraph below and wanted to check with you if it is properly written, your insights will be helpful.
    Thank you in advance,
    Luis

Subject : “Let’s Go Viral” Campaign

Hello Guys!
    ( insert here web address ) is now available at the University of Northern Minnesota. Meeting new people in College has never been easier... 100% free online dating. If you like the website, forward this same link to your friends. All the Best,
    The your website name Team

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: is it written correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by globsticks View Post
    Hello,
    I wrote the paragraph below and wanted to check with you if it is properly written, your insights will be helpful.
    Thank you in advance,
    Luis

Subject : “Let’s Go Viral” Campaign

Hello Guys everyone!
    ( insert here web address ) is now available at the University of Northern Minnesota. Meeting new people in College has never been easier ... 100% free online dating. If you like the website, forward this same link to your friends. All the best,
    It's fine as an informal announcement of a new dating website. I've only made a couple of amendments:

- Remove the word "same" before "link" (and of course you need to add the link).
    - No capital letter is required on "best"
    - I've left in the ellipsis (three dots in a row) and added a space at the beginning. However, I'm not sure you need it. I think a dash would be better.
    - I changed "guys" to "everyone". Even though "guys" is frequently used when addressing people of both sexes, the fact that this is a dating website might suggest that "guys" means it's only aimed at men.

globsticks is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Peru
      • Current Location:
      • Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: is it written correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    It's fine as an informal announcement of a new dating website. I've only made a couple of amendments:

- Remove the word "same" before "link" (and of course you need to add the link).
    - No capital letter is required on "best"
    - I've left in the ellipsis (three dots in a row) and added a space at the beginning. However, I'm not sure you need it. I think a dash would be better.
    - I changed "guys" to "everyone". Even though "guys" is frequently used when addressing people of both sexes, the fact that this is a dating website might suggest that "guys" means it's only aimed at men.

I made the suggested corrections, is it looking better now?

Hello everyone!
    (insert here web address ) is now available at the University of Northern Minnesota. Meeting new people in College has never been easier ... 100% free online dating. If you like the website, forward this email to your friends. All the best,

Because the website name is going to be shown as a link at the beginning , then it would be redundant to have the link inserted back again in the text. Since this text is an email I am calling it by its name so people can forward it to their friends and hope the email gets viral.

globsticks is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Peru
      • Current Location:
      • Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: is it written correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by globsticks View Post
    I made the suggested corrections, is it looking better now?

Hello everyone!
    (insert here web address ) is now available at the University of Northern Minnesota. Meeting new people in College has never been easier ... 100% free online dating. If you like the website, forward this email to your friends. All the best,

Because the website name is going to be shown as a link at the beginning , then it would be redundant to have the link inserted back again in the text. Since this text is an email I am calling it by its name so people can forward it to their friends and hope the email gets viral.
    Hello
    I am wondering if when I write :

(insert here web address ) is now available at the University of Northern Minnesota
    is it correct to precede universities names with : The or can I say:
    (insert here web address ) is now available at University of Northern Minnesota
    or
    (insert here web address ) is now available at UNM

so should I always write before universities names with the when the particular name allows it or should I ignore using The before universities names.

Thanks in advance,