Post Thanks / Like

Post help me, give me some comments

The Idea in “Intercultural Communication Stumbling Blocks”
    Can’t Be Used to Explain the Situation in “The School Days of an Indian Girl”
    The idea in “Intercultural Communication Stumbling Blocks” can not explain the situation in “The School Days of an Indian Girl”. The communication is not actually shown throughout in the story, “The School Days of an Indian Girl”, so “Intercultural Communication on Stumbling Blocks” works nothing, doesn’t it?
    First, the school and the Indian girl had never tried to communicate with each other in the story. On the one hand, the Indian girl was too young to understand the circumstances around her. She was so scared, but it was not because of intercultural communication. It’s because of her sense of insecurity. When a person goes to a strange place, there is nothing she/he is familiar with, she/he will feel scared eventually. After the Indian girl left her parents, she felt unsecured ever much more. On the other hand, the school had never tried to help the Indian girl either. Without any explanation to the Indian girl, they just forced the girl to do what they thought, cutting off hair and stopping playing the snow ball. The school had never tried to know the Indian culture either. Their mission was only to train a White-Indian, which means to kill the Indian culture.
    Second, the stumbling block between the Indian girl and the school was not simply an intercultural problem. It was the block in people’s heart. If the government had accepted the Indian culture, the “missionary school” would not have been built up. If they have tried to understand each other, both of them would have become friends. The school would be strongly mixed by the two cultures, the Indian one and the European one.
    It is true that intercultural communication can bring some problem; however, the bigger block existed between people is the one inside our heart. That block is really the one we need work on.
    Last edited by Firelord; 02-Nov-2005 at 03:43.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: help me, give me some comments

i worte it couple weeks ago
    hope someone could help me

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me, give me some comments

before i worte it, i read two essays, one is “Intercultural Communication Stumbling Blocks” and the other is “The School Days of an Indian Girl”.

“Intercultural Communication Stumbling Blocks” analyses some reasons would couse intercultural communication stumbling blocks, which are "language", "nonverbal signs and symbols", "preconceptions and stereotypes", "the tendency to evaluate" and "high anxiety".

“The School Days of an Indian Girl” tells a story about an indian girl who was sent to a missionary school and to get the training.