• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb a short essay needs editing

It is an essay about what I have done in the class sanitation committee. I need to submit the essay as soon as possible. But now I can find no one help me edit it. So please help.Thank you!

When I was first made the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely exert detrimental influence upon my classmates’ study efficiency, of which, however, many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks I talked to many classmates about the sanitation and collected their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise(or invent ?) an award system. And in the next several class meetings I stated the importance of a clean classroom again and again to the whole class. After that, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, and through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufiling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to others’ well-being now.

roseji3991 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb urgent:request for help in editing my short essay

It is an essay about what I have done in the class sanitation committee. I need to submit the essay as soon as possible. But now I can find no one help me edit it. So please help.Thank you!

When I was first made the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely exert detrimental influence upon my classmates’ study efficiency, of which, however, many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks I talked to many classmates about the sanitation and collected their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise(or invent ?) an award system. And in the next several class meetings I stated the importance of a clean classroom again and again to the whole class. After that, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, and through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufiling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to others’ well-being now.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: urgent:request for help in editing my short essay

Quote Originally Posted by roseji3991 View Post
    Then do so. Submit it, and let your teacher mark it. That is what most students who have to write essays for class do.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: a short essay needs editing

See my response in your duplicate thread.

tedtmc is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

not a teacher

When I was first made(appointed) the head of my class sanitation committee, the sanitation situation was very poor. This would definitely have a exert detrimental influence upon effect on my classmates’ study efficiency, of which, however, many of them were still unaware. I resolved to make a change. So for two whole weeks, I talked to many classmates about the sanitation and collected gathered their opinions and advice. Then I worked with other members in the committee to devise(or invent ?) an award system. And In the next several class meetings that followed, I stated emphasized the importance of a clean classroom environment again and again to the whole class. After that Thus, my classmates began to pay more attention to the classroom sanitation, and Through our concerted effort, at the end of the semester, our class became the top class in the campus sanitation evaluation! Later, I received many thank-you notes from my classmates, which really moved me, for I thought I was just fufilling my duty. With their recognition and surport, I become more motivated to dedicate myself to improving others’ well-being now.

I am not sure whether 'sanitation' is the best word to use in the context of a classroom as I thought it is to with public health. 'Hygiene' or 'cleanliness' may be more appropriate.

5jj is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

@tedtmc

It is forum policy not to assist with homework, which is why Raymott responded as he did. Please bear this in mind in future.

tedtmc is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5jj View Post
    @tedtmc

It is forum policy not to assist with homework, which is why Raymott responded as he did. Please bear this in mind in future.
    5jj
    My post was done and submitted before I saw Raymott's post.

I agree that school work shouldn't be posted for editing here.