Hi everybody,

maybe I do not post my demand in the appropriate forum. Sorry for that!

I'm going to have a TOEFL exam in one week and I did not have the occasion to ask for help to read and suggest corrections to my essay. I would greatly appreciate if you, the experts, could give me your opinion. It would make me less stressful.

Thank you very much and have a great year 2012!

Task: Some people think that children should begin their formal education
at a very early age and should spend most of their time on school studies.
Others believe that young children should spend most of their time playing. Compare these two views. Which view do you agree with? Why?

There are many different kind of schools and education programs. I think that we cannot generalize the process of learning and say that children learn only while they are in school. Playing stays an important part of the self-development and we can also learn from games. As a matter of fact, I disagree with the opinion which states that children should spend more time on school studies from a very early age.

An average person spends twelve years in school studying by the concept of formal education. This kind of education generally means that children are sitting all the day and studying maths, geography, literature and other subjects. I must say that this is rather a passive form of learning because knowledge come mostly from the teacher. Nevertheless all schools do not work the same way. I think children should spend lot of time playing with other children in an organized form, such in a kindergarten.

Kindergartens assure that play becomes a joyful way to study new things. Kindergarten teachers were instructed to know which kind of game children should learn in which period of life. They can help children to acquire such difficult skills as rules of social interaction, to pay attention during long moments and to learn short songs or poems by heart.

Children need a great deal of motion so their muscles and bones can fully develop. On the contrary, in school children are required to stay at one place during a half an hour or plus. Without patience, it is really hard to fulfill such a demand, especially for little children. What could be a better practice than games where they have to pay attention to each other and learn how to be patient?

All these examples stated show that children learn even when they are playing or singing songs. Furthermore, they need to spend lots of time in the nature because their body is still developing. In my opinion, children should spend their early age playing as much they can.