Post Thanks / Like

Default Some response on this? :)

We're to write a short text in our English lessons, so here is my current outcome. It isn't really a very important one, but I'd really like to hear what some who knows English a bit better than me thinks about it. Does it sound weird somewhere, does my grammar look okey, is there something I should focus a bit more at? Thanks for all answeers.. :)
    -Camilla.

Racism
    Racism is discrimination based on where you descend from, and is one of todayís largest social problems. It is sheer madness that so much hate and anger can be caused by misapprehension and the lack of knowledge about other people. They got beliefs that race tell about abilities or personal characters for whole groups or minorities. If one man is bad, an entire community is supposed to be bad. These thoughts can suppress both justice and freedom. To restrain others for no reason, such as where you come from, is in my opinion much worse than being severe with reason. Though, that is bad enough.

Luckily, racism is slowly declining. In short, it was worse in the past. But as it was permitted by law at that time, racial violence is becoming more latent. To get rid of racism does seem like an impossible commission. And it probably is. It has existed through ages, and it does not seem like itís planning to fade away. But all thoughts help us moving forward to the right answers.

To get to know a man before you judge him should be common sense. Donít sentence before youíve given him the chance. On the other hand, if you donít like him afterwards, thatís okay. As long as you dislike him for who he is and not the color of his skin. Treat him equal until you know who youíre addressing. Then you may be treated equal as well when time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Some response on this? :)

Hello, Camilla.

Here are some suggestions.

Racism
    Racism, one of today's largest social problems, is discrimination based on where you descend from. It is sheer madness that so much hate and anger can be caused by misapprehension and the lack of knowledge about other people. Some people believe that race defines the ability and character of the group as a collective. If one person is bad, an entire community is supposed to be bad. Such an ideology can suppress both justice and freedom. To judge others on the basis of where they come from doesn't stand to reason, or at least, it's not the way I think.

There was a time, though, when most people thought that way, when racism was acceptable, when it was permitted by law, but people's beliefs change and so their laws change, and with it the subsequent rise in racial tolerance. Obviously, in order to move forward we not only have to change the way we think, we also have to wait for the world to change the way they think. Realistically, getting rid of racism altogether might not be an attainable dream, even within my lifetime.

To get to know a person before you judge that person should be common sense. Don't sentence a person before giving that person a chance. If you donít like a person, thatís okay, as long as you don't base your decision on country of origin and/or skin color. Treat people equally, because you could be that person.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I will use some of these.. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could help out some.

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm glad you could to xP