[Essay] Is information on the internet trustful ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besmile

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is another IELTS writing of mine.Could you please correct it for me ? thank you in advance !

Topic :Anyone can post information on the internet. As a result, most of what we read online is probably inaccurate.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Essay : (270 words)

Thanks to the giddy development of technology, the internet now has become very popular. People can easily share data through it, that lead to the issue that someone believes information gotten from the internet is might not trustful. However, other people, myself included, think that like any other ways to get data, it depends on the sources where we get them.

Many people seem to prefer updating their knowledge from newspapers or books to reading online. They might argue that what is printed to paper is couldn’t be changed, and if they have some arguments, they could use it as proofs. However, from my point of view, every way of getting information has its pros and cons, and thanks to the storing technology, nowadays, we could overcome this drawback easily by the way of storing data frequently.

Moreover, many companies and organizations have built their official websites. It is sure that these sources of data are authentic as much as others. Data which are presented in the internet could be changed easily like what having been discussed in the previous paragraph is a prevalent concern of many ones, however, from the positive side, it could help people update information quicker and as a result, the data would be more up-to-date and trustful for people to give decisions base on them. Stock and whether forecast are the two fields which could be given as examples.

In conclusion, I want to emphasize once again the importance of choosing sources which are authentic to update news. And if you could use the internet well, it would be the great way of getting knowledge.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't comment on essays, but the subject should be 'Is information on the internet trustworthy*/reliable?'. If your teacher gave you the essay title, be gentle with him/her! ;-)

b

PS * A trustful person is quick to trust. I don't know of a meaning that could apply to a thing.

Last edited:

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks to the amazing development of technology, the internet now has become very popular. People can easily share data on it. This leads to the belief that information obtained from the internet might not be reliable. However, other people, myself included, think that, like any other ways of obtaining data, the source of the data is very important.

Many people seem to prefer getting their knowledge from newspapers or books to reading online. They might argue that what is printed on paper cannot be changed, and if they have arguments, they could use it as proof. However, from my point of view, the various means of getting information has their pros and cons, but thanks to the technology of information storage nowadays, we could overcome the drawbacks easily by updating of data on the internet frequently.

Nowadays, many companies and organizations have websites on the internet. The sources of these data are as reliable as others. That the data presented in the internet could be changed easily as discussed above is a prevalent concern. However, on the positive side, it could help people update information more quickly. As a result, the data would be more up-to-date and reliable for people to make use of to make decisions. Stock and weather forecast are two examples.

In conclusion, I would like to emphasize once again that the importance of the sources of information which are reliable to update news. If you could use the internet well, it would be a great source of knowledge.

besmile

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I don't comment on essays, but the subject should be 'Is information on the internet trustworthy*/reliable?'. If your teacher gave you the essay title, be gentle with him/her! ;-)

b

PS * A trustful person is quick to trust. I don't know of a meaning that could apply to a thing.

Thanks for your tip.It's my fault.

Thank tedtmc so much for being so kind to help me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.