[Application] PLEASE help me to correct my motivation letter for the Erasmus program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanpka

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask you to help me to correct my motivation letter for the Erasmus program. I've never wrote anything like this before. I don't even know what should be written in motivation letter. If you could correct it and give me some guidance what I should add in my letter, I will be so grateful! I have to send it in few days and I'm starting to panic. Please help me!
THANK YOU!
Janka

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to apply for the student's exchange program Erasmus at L’École des métiers de la Communication. I am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies in International relations and diplomacy at the University of International and Public Relations Prague. I have decided to apply for this program because I am strongly interested experiencing a french lifestyle, and I think that the program offers more than simply cultural delights and entertainment. I am sure that it will be enriching me, both personally and academically.
Having looked through the materials of the Erasmus Student Network, I was delighted to find the opportunity to study all communication fields, from public relations to advertising, at L’École des métiers de la Communication for one academic year. I chose France as my preferred destination because I would love to experience French culture and the educational system. I have been interested in the French society for many years which also strengthens my motivation to live and study in this country. My interest was reflected in bachelor thesis focused on bilateral relations between France and Germany.
Despite the fact that I have not been studying French at the University, I have always had a strong interest in learning new languages and discovering other cultures and traditions. It is the reason why I started to study French (level A1.2) at the French Institute in Bratislava. With regard to my English language skills I truly believe that my level of English is more than sufficient for studying at this university.
I am self-confident, flexible and a hard working student, especially in new teams, so I believe I could contribute a lot to the academic environment. The modules system offered at this university will help me to reach my aim of enriching my knowledge. I am sure that the time spent in France will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my abilities and widening my experience in a variety of academic disciplines. I consider it is a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself and, at the same time,, this opportunity would be a means to improve my English and to learn another language.
I believe that studying at L’École des métiers de la Communication will have a positive impact on my future professional life and I am confident that my experience in France would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for both my studies and overall general development.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited:

Wanpka

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
No replies, does it mean that it's correct? No mistakes or expressions missing? :)

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask you to help me to correct my motivation letter for the Erasmus program. I've never wrote anything like this before. I don't even know what should be written in motivation letter. If you could correct it and give me some guidance what I should add in my letter, I will be so grateful! I have to send it in few days and I'm starting to panic. Please help me!
THANK YOU!
Janka

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to apply for the student's exchange program (if the exchange program is generally recognized as such, don't use the apostrophe "s" but capitalize the first letter of the three words) Erasmus at L’École des métiers de la Communication. I am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies in International Relations and Diplomacy at the University of International and Public Relations Prague. I have decided to apply for this program because I am strongly interested in experiencing the French lifestyle, and I think that the program offers more than simply cultural delights and entertainment. I am sure that it will be enriching for me, both personally and academically.

Having looked through the materials of the Erasmus Student Network, I was delighted to find the opportunity to study all communication fields, from public relations to advertising, at L’École des métiers de la Communication for one academic year. I chose France as my preferred destination because I would love to experience French culture and [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] its educational system. I have been interested in the French society for many years which also strengthens my motivation to live and study in this country. My interest was reflected in my bachelor thesis that focused on bilateral relations between France and Germany.

Despite the fact that I have not been studying French at the University, I have always had a strong interest in learning new languages and discovering other cultures and traditions. It is the reason why I started to study French (level A1.2) at the French Institute in Bratislava. With regard to my English language skills I truly believe that my level of English is more than sufficient for studying at this university.

I am self-confident, flexible and a hard working student, especially in new teams, so I believe I could contribute a lot to the academic environment. The modules system offered at this university will help me to reach my aim of enriching my knowledge. I am sure that the time spent in France will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my abilities and widening my experience in a variety of academic disciplines. I consider it [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] to be a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself and, at the same time, this opportunity would be a means to improve my English and to learn [STRIKE]another[/STRIKE] the French language.

I believe that studying at L’École des métiers de la Communication will have a positive impact on my future professional life and I am confident that my experience in France would be extremely exciting, fun, and valuable for me both in my studies and for my overall general development.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

A few suggestions. Good luck.

Wanpka

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help :) I never learned English language so my grammar is not very good. Thank you again! :) You are very kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.