Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Swedishsatish's YouTube channel features some interesting sentence analysis. However, what interests me at the moment is the software he uses to present his analysis. It produces a flow diagram with +- signs so that the nodes can be expanded or collapsed.

I have, without any success, searched Google to try and find this, or similar, software. Do any members recognise the software? An example of its use is at:

Paul Newmans Blue Eyes - YouTube

I would be obliged for any information that can identify the software. It could be useful in the analysis of sentences.

Barry

barryashton

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Helo Tdol

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately the GoDiagram pricing structure is aimed at the professional developer.

The very different approach offered by Linguistic Tree Constructor: Home seems to be useful. It is also free. I only downloaded it yesterday, so I am still evaluating it.

Barry

barryashton

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
I have now realised that the software used is that producing mind maps rather than the conventional flow diagram. Not all mind map software produces the required flow diagram with +- signs, but some do. Some of the software is free or moderately priced. I have chosen xmind.

barryashton

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
I forgot to add that the Linguistic Tree Constructor that I referred to previously is excellent.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.