• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please check my cover letter

Hi, can you read my letter and write any mistakes I did? Both grammar and if vocabulary is aproppiate. Thanks!

name
    address
    e-mail:

January 27th, 2012

The Tree Travel

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to apply for a three-month summer job in Greece. I have found the offer on your website address

In the summer time I am looking for a job which can broaden my horizons while enhancing my career profile. That is why I want to do an internship as a member of the hotel staff.

Currently, I am studying ethnolinguistics in my first year at Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland). My main interests are foreign languages, films and tourism. I am able to adapt quickly to new surroundings and situations. I am responsible, thorough and smiling.

During my studies I have been working as a salesperson in a catering company. I also have experience as a waitress and a hostess in supermarkets. I have gathered good communication skills and all of this positions have made me patient and courteous while dealing with people. Of course I found it interesting and pleasant.

I hope that all my skills qualify me for consideration. I am looking forward to receiving your reply and arrange a meeting

Yours faithfully,

name

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my cover letter

Quote Originally Posted by sunny838 View Post
    Hi, can you read my letter and write any mistakes I did? Both grammar and if vocabulary is aproppiate. Thanks!

name
    address
    e-mail:

January 27th, 2012

The Tree Travel

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like This is to apply for a three-month summer job in Greece as an intern and a member of the hotel staff. I have found the offer on your website address

In the summer time I am looking for a job which can broaden my horizons while enhancing my career profile. That is why I want to do an internship as a member of the hotel staff.

Currently, I am studying ethnolinguistics in my first year at Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland). My main interests are foreign languages, films and tourism. I am able to adapt quickly to new surroundings and situations. I am responsible, thorough and smiling amiable.

During my studies I have been working as a salesperson in a catering company. I also have experience as a waitress and a hostess in supermarkets. I have gathered possess good communication skills and all of this my prior positions have made me patient and courteous while dealing with people. Of course, I found it my experience interesting and pleasant.

I hope that all my skills qualify me for consideration. I am looking forward to receiving your a favorable reply and arrangements a meeting.

Yours faithfully sincerely,

name
    A few suggestions. Good luck.

sunny838 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your quick response. About "hostess" I was wondering if i can use this word because in Poland we call "hostessa" the girl who promotes some products, encourage people to purchase, to sample the product or give out leaflets. In dictionaries it is translated as a hostess but i know it has a different meaning. Maybe i should use: promotions girl, sales demonstrator, product animator? Please help, if you know what i mean :)

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunny838 View Post
    Thank you for your quick response. About "hostess" I was wondering if i can use this word because in Poland we call "hostessa" the girl who promotes some products, encourage people to purchase, to sample the product or give out leaflets. In dictionaries it is translated as a hostess but i know it has a different meaning. Maybe i should use: promotions girl, sales demonstrator, product animator? Please help, if you know what i mean :)
    What you call the jobs you did in supermarkets will depend on what you did. If you were involved in promotions, then you probably were a "promotions assistant" or "promoter". I'm not sure you can be a "sales demonstrator". You were either in sales or you were demonstrating something. "Product animator" definitely doesn't work. An animator is someone who works in film making animated films (cartoons).

One extra piece of info:

Posted by billmcd : "I am looking forward to receiving your favorable reply and arrangements a meeting." I think it should say "to arranging" not "arrangements".

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    What you call the jobs you did in supermarkets will depend on what you did. If you were involved in promotions, then you probably were a "promotions assistant" or "promoter". I'm not sure you can be a "sales demonstrator". You were either in sales or you were demonstrating something. "Product animator" definitely doesn't work. An animator is someone who works in film making animated films (cartoons).

One extra piece of info:

Posted by billmcd : "I am looking forward to receiving your favorable reply and arrangements a meeting." I think it should say "to arranging" not "arrangements".
    emsr2d2: Thanks. I meant to say "arrangements for......"