Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi, can you read my letter and write any mistakes I did? Both grammar and if vocabulary is aproppiate. Thanks!

name
address
e-mail:

January 27th, 2012

The Tree Travel

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to apply for a three-month summer job in Greece. I have found the offer on your website address

In the summer time I am looking for a job which can broaden my horizons while enhancing my career profile. That is why I want to do an internship as a member of the hotel staff.

Currently, I am studying ethnolinguistics in my first year at Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland). My main interests are foreign languages, films and tourism. I am able to adapt quickly to new surroundings and situations. I am responsible, thorough and smiling.

During my studies I have been working as a salesperson in a catering company. I also have experience as a waitress and a hostess in supermarkets. I have gathered good communication skills and all of this positions have made me patient and courteous while dealing with people. Of course I found it interesting and pleasant.

I hope that all my skills qualify me for consideration. I am looking forward to receiving your reply and arrange a meeting

Yours faithfully,

name

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, can you read my letter and write any mistakes I did? Both grammar and if vocabulary is aproppiate. Thanks!

name
address
e-mail:

January 27th, 2012

The Tree Travel

Dear Sir or Madam,

[STRIKE]I would like [/STRIKE] This is to apply for a three-month summer job in Greece as an intern and a member of the hotel staff. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] found the offer on your website address

[STRIKE]In the summer time [/STRIKE]I am looking for a job which can broaden my horizons while enhancing my career profile. [STRIKE]That is why I want to do an internship as a member of the hotel staff.[/STRIKE]

Currently, I am studying ethnolinguistics in my first year at Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland). My main interests are foreign languages, films and tourism. I am able to adapt quickly to new surroundings and situations. I am responsible, thorough and [STRIKE]smiling[/STRIKE] amiable.

During my studies I have been working as a salesperson in a catering company. I also have experience as a waitress and a hostess in supermarkets. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]gathered[/STRIKE] possess good communication skills and all of [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] my prior positions have made me patient and courteous [STRIKE]while[/STRIKE] dealing with people. Of course, I found [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] my experience interesting and pleasant.

I hope that all my skills qualify me for consideration. I am looking forward to receiving [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] a favorable reply and arrangements a meeting.

Yours [STRIKE]faithfully[/STRIKE] sincerely,

name

A few suggestions. Good luck.:up:

sunny838

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Thank you for your quick response. About "hostess" I was wondering if i can use this word because in Poland we call "hostessa" the girl who promotes some products, encourage people to purchase, to sample the product or give out leaflets. In dictionaries it is translated as a hostess but i know it has a different meaning. Maybe i should use: promotions girl, sales demonstrator, product animator? Please help, if you know what i mean :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your quick response. About "hostess" I was wondering if i can use this word because in Poland we call "hostessa" the girl who promotes some products, encourage people to purchase, to sample the product or give out leaflets. In dictionaries it is translated as a hostess but i know it has a different meaning. Maybe i should use: promotions girl, sales demonstrator, product animator? Please help, if you know what i mean :)

What you call the jobs you did in supermarkets will depend on what you did. If you were involved in promotions, then you probably were a "promotions assistant" or "promoter". I'm not sure you can be a "sales demonstrator". You were either in sales or you were demonstrating something. "Product animator" definitely doesn't work. An animator is someone who works in film making animated films (cartoons).

One extra piece of info:

Posted by billmcd : "I am looking forward to receiving your favorable reply and arrangements a meeting." I think it should say "to arranging" not "arrangements". ;-)

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What you call the jobs you did in supermarkets will depend on what you did. If you were involved in promotions, then you probably were a "promotions assistant" or "promoter". I'm not sure you can be a "sales demonstrator". You were either in sales or you were demonstrating something. "Product animator" definitely doesn't work. An animator is someone who works in film making animated films (cartoons).

One extra piece of info:

Posted by billmcd : "I am looking forward to receiving your favorable reply and arrangements a meeting." I think it should say "to arranging" not "arrangements". ;-)

emsr2d2: Thanks. I meant to say "arrangements for......"

Status
Not open for further replies.