[Essay] how to analyse an expositive text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrow

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Good evening. This is my second Thread I don´t know how it really works. I am trying to learn how to analyse texts and I would be more than pleased if any of you could correct the following expressions for me. Thanks in advance.

The text we are dealing with ( tackling) is a journalistic text in which the author expresses( gives) his point of view on a current topic.The topic is present ( given ) in the title and it is other than tobacco-related illnesses. ( Nos encontramos ante un texto periodístico en el que el autor expresa ( da ) su punto de vista sobre un tema actual. El tema está presente en el título y no es otro que las enfermedades relacionadas con el tabaco.

The author shows a subjective intention since it is clear his desire of persuading the reader from what he thinks it is a harmful habit, coupled with ( along with) his intention of drawing parents´ attention on smoking. (El autor muestra una intención subjetiva, ya que está claro el deseo que tiene de convencer al lector de lo que él piensa es un hábito perjudicial, unida a su intención de llamar la atención de los padres sobre el tabaco).
Thanks in advance. I wrote the text in two languages just in case you can understand both languages and It might be able to help you understand the translation.
Gracias

arrow

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain what I wanted to say clearly. I only want any of you to correct not the content but the expressions, if my English is correct, if there are other ways to say what I am trying to express.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.