Home Country
Japan
Current Location
UK
Hi,

Question:
Which sentence is correct?

Sentence1:
It is 8 days after the interview, so I think it is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence2:
This is 8 days after the interview, so I think it is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence3:
It is 8 days after the interview, so I think this is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence4:
This is 8 days after the interview, so I think this is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.

Thanks

susiedq

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How about:

It has been eight days since my interview. I would like to reiterate my interest in working for your company and answer any questions you may have about my application.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's a better way of saying it, but to answer the question, 3 :) (though it would be better with 'since' rather than 'after').

b

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,

Question:
Which sentence is correct?

Sentence1:
It is 8 days after the interview, so I think it is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence2:
This is 8 days after the interview, so I think it is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence3:
It is 8 days after the interview, so I think this is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.
Sentence4:
This is 8 days after the interview, so I think this is a suitable time to restate my interest to work for your company and follow up the application.

Thanks
If those are the options, I'd choose "It; this"

Status
Not open for further replies.