Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
TASK:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your boss has asked you to write the draft of an information sheet that will be given to new employees at your place of work.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Following our meeting last week on how to help new members of staff settle in, can you put together some ideas for an information sheet called 'Information for new employees'.

Please let me have your draft by tomorrow.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] [/FONT]​

Write your [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]information sheet[/FONT]. (Around 220-260 words).

INFORMATION FOR NEW EMPLOYEES

Welcome to Gauss Ltd.,one of the most important company in Romania and a leader in its field of activity-land surveing.In the lat 20 years,Gauss international recognition icreased due to its employees.As an effect of being well known ,we decided to hire new people.Here as some information for them( or for you ??):

STRUCTURE OF COMPANY
To date,our company numbers around 200 employees and is divided in 2 departaments,Topography and Geodesy,each of them having a manager who is subordonated to a general manager.Among our facilities we have 2 Human Resourses Offices ,and here our personnel can ask for advices and information in case they needed.If you work in the Departament of Geodesy,please adressed to Ms.Ana Smith;his office is located on 2nd floor,number 201.Her opposite number,in Department of Topography, is Ms.Jane Terry.

HOURS OF WORK
Programme starts at 9 o'clock and end at 5 o'clock(nine'to'five job) and every employee must clock in and clock out.Our company do not encouraged overtime.However if,for any kind of reasons,you decided to stay overprogramme,you should not clock out at 5 but when you leave.Every overtime hour is paid with 20 $,twice the normal hour rate.

DRESS CODE
Our employees will receive an uniform in first day at work and wearing those is optional.Please be awear we do not accept sports clothes or imoral appereance.

PROCEDURES FOR ABSCENCES
As I said earlier,our employees have to established rapport with our Human Resources personnel in any case.Furthermore,if medical problems appears ,we strongly recommend to visit our doctor before going to another one(we need to know the conditon of our workers).Obviously,it is free of charge.

For further information,please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleagues from the Human Resources Office.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
INFORMATION FOR NEW [STRIKE]EMPLOYEES[/STRIKE] STAFF

Welcome to Gauss Ltd.,one of the most [STRIKE]important[/STRIKE] established compan[STRIKE]y[/STRIKE]ies in Romania and a leader in[STRIKE] its[/STRIKE] the field [STRIKE]of activity[/STRIKE] of land surveing. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] Over the last 20 years,Gauss's international recognition [STRIKE]increased[/STRIKE] improved due to the good work its employees. As an effect of being well known ,we decided to hire new people. (A company does not hire people just because it are well-known. It recruits more staff because there are vacancies). Here as some information for them( or for you ??). The information below is prepared for all new staff:
Allow space around a (-) and after a (.) and (,).

STRUCTURE OF THE COMPANY

To date,our company numbers around 200 employees
The company currently has a staff of 200

and is divided in 2 depart[STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]ments,Topography and Geodesy,
It is divided into two departments - Topography and Geodesy.

each of them having a manager who is subordonated to a general manager.
Each department is headed by a Manager who reports to the General Manager.

Among our facilities we have 2 Human Resourses Offices ,and here our personnel can ask for advices and information in case they needed.
Our facilities include two Human Resources Offices where the staff can get information and advice.

If you work in the Departament of Geodesy,please adressed to Ms.Ana Smith;his office is located on 2nd floor,number 201.Her opposite number,in Department of Topography, is Ms.Jane Terry.
The officer in charge of the HR Office for Geodesy is Ms. Ana Smith. The office in charge of the HR Office of Topography is Ms Jane Terry.

HOURS OF WORK WORKING HOURS

Programme starts at 9 o'clock and end at 5 o'clock(nine'to'five job) and every employee must clock in and clock out.Our company do not encouraged overtime.However if,for any kind of reasons,you decided to stay overprogramme,you should not clock out at 5 but when you leave.Every overtime hour is paid with 20 $,twice the normal hour rate.

The working hours at 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
All staff are required to clock in and clock out.
Staff who staff back to do overtime are not required to clock out at 5.00 pm
The overtime rate is double the normal rate, at $20 per hour.

DRESS CODE

Our employees will receive an uniform in first day at work and wearing those is optional.Please be awear we do not accept sports clothes or imoral appereance.

All staff will receive a set of uniform each on their first of work but the wearing of uniforms at work is optional. Casual attire such as sports wear and are not allowed.

PROCEDURES FOR [STRIKE]ABSCENCES[/STRIKE] TAKING LEAVE

As I said earlier,our employees have to established rapport with our Human Resources personnel in any case.Furthermore,if medical problems appears ,we strongly recommend to visit our doctor before going to another one(we need to know the conditon of our workers).Obviously,it is free of charge.

All staff are to keep the HR Department informed if they wish to take any leave. If medical consultation is required, staff are advised to see the company's panel doctor first before going to see other doctors. Medical consultation by the company's panel doctor is free.

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact me(name and phone No) or [STRIKE]any of my colleagues from [/STRIKE]the Human Resource[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] Offices.

I am afraid the writer's command of English is inadequate to be given the task of writing a circular like this for the company.

Last edited:

florin1990

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Thank for your answer.:)

Status