Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Scotland
hi im doing my online tefl course unit 4 and im reallly really stuck with this one, anyone have idea's or advice to help me abit please all help would be much appreciated :D thank youu!

How would you organise the following activities? Include what visual aids, seating arrangements, and instructions you would use and the reasons why. (Max 100 words for each)

1. A lead-in to a presentation for the present perfect to talk about a past experience, but we don’t refer to when that past experience occurred. For example, I have visited Italy, I have been to Disneyland, I have seen the Eiffel Tower etc. (5 marks)

2. A controlled practice to practise the 2nd conditional, matching two halves of a sentence. (5 marks)

3. A free practice/production activity to practise past simple, a chain story where you set the scene of the story and with a prompt card (a word/picture) you must continue the story. The last student must finish the story.(5 marks)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, abs2. :hi:

We like to help when we can, but we do not assist with homework assignments. Have you not been given notes or reading suggestions?

abs2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Scotland
hii thanks for the reply. its the tefl assignment i am doing, but im not quite understanding the first question what exactly i have to write about. I thought maybe it would be to write an activity i could use in a lesson, im still not sure

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
[STRIKE]h[/STRIKE] Hi[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]t[/STRIKE] Thanks for the reply. [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]It's the tefl assignment [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I am doing, but [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] Im not quite understanding the first question. [STRIKE]w[/STRIKE]What exactly do [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I have to write about.? I thought maybe it would be to write an activity [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I could use in a lesson,; [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I'm still not sure.
The first task is to write about how you would lead in to your presentation of 'the present perfect to talk about a past experience'. So, you are trying to think of some simple activity that will engage the interest of the leaners, and lead on to that early part of the lesson in which you present your material - i.e. in which you show them in some way how we use the present perfect in the type of situations given in the task.

ps. If you plan to enter the world of TEFL, it would be a good idea to write standard English, with accepted capitalisation and punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.