[General] Please can some proofread this (specially the grammer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

netgeek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sinhalese
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
Dear madam,

I am happy to inform you of my decision to accept your offer to enroll in the PhD program in D[FONT=&quot]epartment of Chemistry and Biochemistry[/FONT] of University of A.
I look forward to attending your program this Fall and am excited by the opportunities that await.But madam I'm also bit confused due to fact that status of my application still not indicating as accepted.
Please look in to this matter and let me know your response

I anticipate as early response from you.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
C

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
It's difficult to deal with this, as the situation is not clear.

Have you been accepted - i.e. have you received an offer of a place? If so, what is it that indicates that you have not been accepted?

netgeek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sinhalese
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
I received an email from graduate department saying that they are offering me admission.but when I check with my graduate application account following message appears.

"You have been recommended for admission to the University of A.... Graduate College for the program in Chemistry PhD for the Fall 2012 semester. Please be advised that this is not a final admission.Graduate College evaluation and review is required to finalize admissibility. Once this process is complete and all requirements are met, your official Certificate of Graduate Admission will be mailed to you and your status will be changed to 'admitted'. Please allow 4-6 weeks for this final admission process."

I'm bit confused. email they sent me said that I have to inform them my final decision before April 15.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
What were the actual words of the email?

netgeek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sinhalese
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
This is what in the email
"Congratulations on being admitted into our graduate program! Please review the attached letter and let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you in the fall!

mmm

[FONT=&quot]mmmm
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Graduate Coordinator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]University of A[/FONT]"

Koronas

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Greece
Dear [STRIKE]madam,[/STRIKE]Mrs Xxxxx,

I am happy to inform you of my decision to accept your offer to enroll in the PhD program in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry of the University of A.
I look forward to attending your program this Fall and am excited by the opportunities that await. But [STRIKE]madam[/STRIKE] I'm also a bit confused [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] by the fact that the status of my application is still not indicating as accepted.
Please could you look in to this matter and let me know your response?

[STRIKE]I anticipate as early response from you.[/STRIKE]
Thank you.

Best Regards,
C

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Dear [STRIKE]madam,[/STRIKE]Mrs Xxxxx,

I am happy to inform you of my decision to accept your offer to enroll in the PhD program in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry of the University of A.
I look forward to attending your program this Fall and am excited by the opportunities that await me.
[STRIKE]
But [STRIKE]madam[/STRIKE] I'm also a bit confused [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] by the fact that the status of my application is still not indicating as accepted.
Please could you look in to this matter and let me know your response?

[STRIKE]I anticipate as early response from you.[/STRIKE]
Thank you.[/STRIKE]

Best Regards,
C

I'd leave it at your first paragraph. They did warn you that it might take 4-6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.