Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi Teachers,
Could you correct this mail please?

Dear XXX,
Thank you so much for your reply and better economical conditions for the permission. I really appreciate it.
Two questions about the invoice that should be send to my institution.
Could the invoice be done in Euros?
Another one, I guess the VAT is included and there is no separated VAT in the invoice, is there?

Yours sincerely,
XXXX

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I assume that this was written by a computer. I can't understand what the underlined part is supposed to mean. Could you try to write it again?

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply. Let me know if I make myself clearer now.

Information to consider:
I've sent a few e-mails to the editorial in order to get permission for some parts of a book. At the beginning they wanted to charge me for this permission £525 (GBP). I asked if they could reduce the price since the book has been out of print for about 15 years and the part of the book I would like to use can be found on the Internet.

Below here in blue, is the previous reply I have recieved from the editorial.

Thank you for your email.

I have charged you our standard fee with an educational discount. It is a large amount of material for a large number of students and regardless of whether it is out of print, our author deserves a reward for his work.

Regarding the webpage that you found these episodes on, we have no record of ever having granted permission for this material to be disseminated freely over the internet and there is no reference to us as publishers or our authors. We will investigate this further.

In the light of this I have been authorised to reduce the fee for this material to £250. And permission is granted to make small amendments to the short stories as long as this does not change the meaning or detract from its integrity.

Last edited:

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teachers,
Is is better now? Does it make more sense?

Dear XXX,
Thank you so much for your reply and to reduce the fee for the material I've asked to be autorished as well as the permission to make small amendments to the short stories. I really appreciate it.
Two questions about the invoice that should be send to my institution.
Could the invoice be done in Euros?
Another one, I guess the VAT is included and there is no separated VAT in the invoice, is there?

Yours sincerely,
XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.