Thanks for all your wonderful work.

Dear board,

I am writing to apply for the position in **** advertised in *****. I respectfully submit this letter of application, for I believe my academic background and experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the project.
I am currently writing my thesis at ** University under the direction of Professor ***, entitled “Cyber-crimes: .....” I will complete my dissertation in July.
My research focuses on cyber crimes and in particular on file-sharing as a practice of sharing files covered by copyright. I proceed from the analysis of cyber crimes in general to get to the specific case of file sharing, with its constituent elements, its various subspecies (P2P) and finally with concrete proposals and solutions that can make the problem less damaging to the rights of copyright owners. Recent international news makes clear the need for a solution to the fight against piracy and the protection of copyrights on the Internet.
This is a problem to be solved globally. My work focuses on the possible proposals and legal solutions, especially in light of the Budapest Convention and the recent ACTA signed in January.
I chose this research topic also because of my good knowledge of computers and my passion to use the most popular operating systems like Windows, and Linux OS. I have a good command of Microsoft Office suite of Open Office and iWork and I can also write without looking at my computer keyboard.
Your institute for Criminal Justice Studies has a worldwide reputation for work in policing, security, counter-fraud and related areas and I would be honored to be a part of it.

As a graduate student, I have combined research and studying. At ** University, I have been selected with other five students, on the basis of academic performance, as a tutor for all the students of Law school in ***, in order to be a point of reference and support in preparing texts and exams.

Last year I won an international scholarship called *** project, they provided only two scholarships with free tuitions and fees in order to let us study abroad and discover Common Law systems like yours.
I have a good capacity for teamwork and communication, gained through experience with colleagues during my mentioned Tutor activity where it was required a strong coordination between many elements.
I demonstrated a good English proficiency with my TOEFL test score (alleged).

With the educational values and experiences that I possess, I believe that I have the capability, and potential to take this PhD position. I am confident that I will be an active, open-minded and useful member and researcher, willing to contribute during my PhD.

I would enjoy discussing this studentship opportunity with you in the weeks to come. In the meantime, I am enclosing my Curriculum Vitae for your review. My referees have indicated that they would be happy to provide references upon your request. Should you want further information to aid you in the evaluation of my application, please contact me. Thank you very much for your time and kind consideration.

Yours sincerely,